Trusted Contributor

George From Fashion Police Discusses Joan's Situation

Saw George K. (can't spell his name) from Fashion Police on Extra tonight I believe. He was emotional and at one point put his face in his hands and said, "I can't believe this is happening." He and the others from Fashion Police, Guilana and Kelly are going to NYC for Fashion Week and to visit with the family apparently.

You could just feel his anxiety and worry.

Trusted Contributor

Re: George From Fashion Police Discusses Joan's Situation

It was E! Entertainment he was on.

Honored Contributor

This has to be very, very upsetting to many. Also for David Dangle, Joan's business partner of many, many years. I truly cannot believe that this has happened. Hopefully, Joan's strength and determination will prevail, and Joan will have a normal and quick recovery. Let's wish and hope for the best.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I was wondering earlier, why I'm so passionate about this... why is what has happened affected me so much. First of all, I can't bear to see another talented entertainment icon leave us before their time. Even though of late, I'm not a fan of all of Joan's humor. Sometimes I think it crosses over the line... but that being said... for me, it's because Joan is like a mother figure to me. I grew up watching her on Johnny Carson. My Mom watched her, too. Joan Rivers has always been entertaining as long as I have been able to watch it and understand it. I love fashion and jewelry, and Joan has such a fashion sense, that I find (even if I don't buy a lot in her line) I watch what she's wearing and her styles to get an idea of what I should be wearing, etc.

The fact that she is 81 and is still working so hard... her own company, her clothes and jewelry and beauty lines... stand-up, TV... on and on... empowers women and makes me feel that age is relative and means nothing...

Joan is like a mother figure to me... I'm Jewish and she is proud of her heritage, and that is a connection I have with her also.

Having Joan around reminds me of my childhood, my parents, and has given me the sense that I can do anything throughout my life. I'm not ready to let that go. When I see her on QVC, she is my favorite vendor... she makes me laugh and says it like it is... there would be a huge void on QVC without her.

Keep praying for Joan and her family. We're not ready to let you go Joan.

Respected Contributor

MJ Fan 4 Ever, my feelings are identical to yours, and my story is the same except that I am Catholic. My late mother and I used to watch Joan on Johnny Carson and laugh until we almost cried. My sister and I loved her routine about the Queen, when she would come out with the handbag on her arm just like Queen Elizabeth. I have been asking myself why this has affected me so much too, and my reasons mimic yours. Joan makes me laugh. I love her fashion sense. At 81 years of age, she inspires me at 63 to keep going - age is just a number. I have always read of her generosity towards people, and it makes me so sad that this has happened to her. She is in my prayers constantly. I have been praying especially to St. Anthony, who in the Catholic religion, is the miracle worker. I trust that Joan will be back and well very soon. We just can't let her go!

Trusted Contributor

I think what bothers us all, is that she went for a routine little thing and had a heart attack, none of us expected this, and I for one at 63 project what could happen to me.

Shana Tova MJ fan 4 ever

Esteemed Contributor

Well, they are very close friends off camera. He also writes a lot for her.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the first part of the interview. George was definitely trying to choke back the tears. I'm another Joan Rivers fan. She's been so vibrant, active, and alive. It's hard to accept the fact that she is so ill and it's scary to know what brought her to this state. I met Joan several years ago. She was on the run at Newark Airport. I told her I loved her jewelry (I collected her Victorian pins). She stopped, gave me a big smile, and said "Me too."
Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree with all of you. We are so used to seeing her as this vibrant, peppy, energetic lady and then all of a sudden, she goes in for a seemingly small procedure and then look what happens to her! It just goes to show you that you can be humming along just fine, and then in a blink of an eye, something horrible can happen to you -- no matter what age you are.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

I have also been very upset about Joan. I am 66, and I saw her as a vital woman who embraced life and spoke her mind. I admired her spunkiness . But I also knew there was a softer Joan. About 20 years during a bad patch , I read Joan's book ( I can't remember which one) and wrote her a letter. I still have her personal reply. Who knows how many little acts of kindness she did thst we never heard about? .God, if it's in your will please bring Joan back to us.. We are so not ready to let her go.