Contributor

I am wondering why QVC doesn't offer extra warranties on their rings.

I recently purchased a very pretty set of rings from HSN and bought the extra two years of warranty. Then I purchased Amy's black and white diamonique ring and it struck me that I would have loved to have been offered an extra warranty with it as well, but they didn't offer one. QVC always felt like the classier channel. Why wouldn't they?

Valued Contributor

Re: I am wondering why QVC doesn't offer extra warranties on their rings.

I think it's because QVC will stand by their jewelry even past the 30-day return period. I returned two magnetic bracelets that broke several months after purchase and was given a full refund. Maybe I'm too trusting, but I would never buy a warranty if offered as the company should stand by their product.

Frequent Contributor

Diamonique jewelry has a lifetime warranty.

Occasional Contributor

Sorry to disappoint you but QVC does NOT stand by the jewelry after 30 days even Affinity. I bought 2 Affinity diamond rings for $600 at Christmas and after only two weeks wear 2 diamonds fell out. I called qvc and was informed there is no option unless I returned them, no repair and no exchange bc my size was gone BUT I was only offered a return bc it was still within the return period. If it had happened past the return deadline I would've been out of luck and stuck with 2 worthless rings. It was a shock bc they selling diamonds with zero guarantee for customers and the CS was also very rude. The usual 30 day return is not that comforting when you're buying expensive diamond jewelry. Needless to say I'm done with Affinity. My post is probably still out there if you're interested in the full story, titled "Disappointed in QVC and Affinity"
Trusted Contributor

JTV offers an extended warranty on all their jewelry and its very reasonably priced. I know Diamonique has a guarantee on their jewelry I have never used it so I don't know how good it is. JTV has jewelers on their payroll so they can offer this service to customers. I used it once when a stone fell out of my ring, they repaired it at no charge, cleaned and polished it for me looked brand new and took care of shipping and handling both ways. When I am in the market to make a purchase I always check them out first, their service is fantastic.

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 QsMom said:

Diamonique jewelry has a lifetime warranty.

This has always concerned me and the reason why I have never purchased one. Do you just mail it back to QVC? No questions asked except of course, call QVC first and ask for a label to be emailed?

Trusted Contributor

What is also good about the HSN extended warranty is that it includes 1 ring sizing. So if you are a half size, you can get your ring to properly fit.

I recently purchased a Rarities by Carol Brodie evil eye bracelet in Neon Apatite. There were a few reviews about stones falling out. I really liked the bracelet, and it was a clearance item, so I bought the extended warranty just in case.

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Minkah said: Sorry to disappoint you but QVC does NOT stand by the jewelry after 30 days even Affinity. I bought 2 Affinity diamond rings for $600 at Christmas and after only two weeks wear 2 diamonds fell out. I called qvc and was informed there is no option unless I returned them, no repair and no exchange bc my size was gone BUT I was only offered a return bc it was still within the return period. If it had happened past the return deadline I would've been out of luck and stuck with 2 worthless rings. It was a shock bc they selling diamonds with zero guarantee for customers and the CS was also very rude. The usual 30 day return is not that comforting when you're buying expensive diamond jewelry. Needless to say I'm done with Affinity. My post is probably still out there if you're interested in the full story, titled "Disappointed in QVC and Affinity"

And now someone says the opposite! I thought all the women on this board were more knowledgeable than customer service? LOL

Occasional Contributor

I know it comes as a surprise considering all the fluff about Affinity quality checks but I was flat out told by a rude CS rep and then her manager there are ZERO warranties on Affinity beyond the 30 day return period. It was a big eye opener and lesson learned to buy expensive jewelry from reputable and reachable jewelers.
Valued Contributor

I am worried about 2 Affinity pave colored diamond rings I bought. Now that I know if a stone falls out, how will a local jeweler match the color. Don't want to wear them because of this. Someone wrote in a few months ago that QVC could do nothing to help them replace the stone. I guess now I am sorry I bought them. Will only wear them for a special occasion.