Respected Contributor

I Lost My Diamond This Morning At Work And My Co-Worker Found it!!

I am a nurse and wash my hands a lot during the night ( I work 11-7 shift) I noticed the diamond was missing when I was doing my notes in the morning.The ring had turned around and I turned it straight with my finger and could feel something rough and looked and couldn't believe the diamond had popped out! I went through all of the trash barrels as I thought it would be in my gloves couldn't find it at all I was devastated. The first shift nurse said she would look for it and go through the barrels again just in case I did miss it. So I went home and she called me within 45 minutes that she had found it on the bathroom sink. When she said that I had just finished brushing my teeth.I knew if had found it she would let me know,but I hate to say it but not all people would be that honest. It was a 3/4 carart diamond that I have had for 40 years.I am so happy. What are the chances in finding a diamond. They look big in the setting but loose not so big. No more wearing rings to work I have learned my lesson!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I Lost My Diamond This Morning At Work And My Co-Worker Found it!!

So happy your friend found it! There are still some good, honest, decent people in this world.

Respected Contributor

Glad she found it and you got it back! Lucky you lost it at work rather than on the street or in a big store. It is a good idea to get them checked for bad prongs at a jewelers once a year.

Super Contributor

I once lost a smaller diamond (trillion cut). I noticed it at work and looked all around but no luck. I went home for lunch and found it in the shower! I was so lucky because my husband showers after work and if I hadn't looked at lunch time it would have been down the drain! My jeweler couldn't believe I had found it. I am happy for your good fortune too...

Respected Contributor

What a relief, almost a miracle! Your co-worker must have been thrilled to have found it.

The lesson here to you and anyone else reading here is to get your ring to a jeweler at least once a year to have the prongs checked. The prongs wear down and even get tweaked a bit when a ring is worn all the time, and from time to time it will even need repair.

So glad you found the diamond. It would have been heartbreaking to lose it after all the decades.

Honored Contributor

Take your coworker out to lunch!!!

Honored Contributor

That's amazing she found it in the sink. It could have fallen down the drain so easily never to be found.

It's important to check the prongs. You never know when they are loose.

Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 happygal said:

What a relief, almost a miracle! Your co-worker must have been thrilled to have found it.

The lesson here to you and anyone else reading here is to get your ring to a jeweler at least once a year to have the prongs checked. The prongs wear down and even get tweaked a bit when a ring is worn all the time, and from time to time it will even need repair.

So glad you found the diamond. It would have been heartbreaking to lose it after all the decades.

I agree. It's great that your co-worker found it. As someone else suggested. Take her to lunch or do something nice for her.

Valued Contributor

You have a very good friend!

Frequent Contributor

Wow that's great! SO happy it was found. Losing my diamond is one of my biggest fears with my ring, it has a tension mount setting so it has no prongs. I do get it checked by my jeweler, but it's still scary to think of looking down one day and see it gone. Glad you had a happy ending!