Regular Contributor

Amy's "engagement" ring - out of stock?

Good morning! I have had my eye on the asscher cut black/white epiphany ring that Amy wears as her engagement ring for a few weeks. I know it's been presented recently and, of course, I kept balking on ordering. When I went to look at it again, it's not coming up at all on qvc.com - not even to say it's out of stock. I didn't write down the item number, either (go figure - just my luck!!).

Those of you who are "QVC experts," do you think it will come back in stock? I assume it's fairly popular so I'm hoping it will.

Also, for those of you who have it, do you love it? Is it worth the price? That might help me make my decision.

I was thinking of buying it to wear as my wedding/engagement ring while at work because I work in a school and am CONSTANTLY applying either hand sanitizer or lotion so would rather not wear my real set. I also would like to have it to wear when we go on vacation. (Do any of you do this as well?) Any opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks and have a great day!

Ophelia {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Re: Amy's ""engagement"" ring - out of stock?

I'm sure it will be back as it is very popular.

I had this ring but returned it because I lost a side stone. I never reordered it.

Trusted Contributor

I know my opinion on this is not the popular one - but I was very disappointed in this ring. I love black stones and wanted something to put with a black stone eternity band for an alternative wedding set .

When I saw this ring , it's popularity, and the reviews , I thought this would be just perfect. I couldn't wait to receive it. When I opened it, my face just fell. {#emotions_dlg.sad} There was no "wow" factor, the clear stone was not full of fire as I had hoped, the "bling factor" rated a zero.

I returned the ring . It fell far short -of what I had pictured it to be in person.

Let me say , I may have just received a "dud" - and in all fairness I didn't try an exchange.

Just my experience. Good luck!Smile

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I bought and returned this ring because the center stone has a glassy, fake look that can sometimes happen with Diamonique. Not always, but in this case...

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Frequent Contributor

Here is the item number.... J318595, but not available at this time. This ring seems to go in and out of stock regularly. I bought it a year and a half ago, under a different item number. It's the same ring, except mine has silver prongs around the black stones, and the newer ring has black prongs. I wear the ring on my right hand every single day, and have never, ever had so many compliments on a ring in my life. I wore a 1/2 carat engagement ring, a 1 carat engagement ring, along with my gold wedding band, and rarely were they even noticed. Compliments come from anyone and everyone, doctors offices, cashiers in all kinds of stores, jewelers, and many friends have inquired about the ring. I love it.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 gardensla said:

I bought and returned this ring because the center stone has a glassy, fake look that can sometimes happen with Diamonique. Not always, but in this case...

Same with the one I received. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Glass-look would have been a step up.

Regular Contributor

Thank you all so much for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that a few of you were disappointed. My feeling was that - with the lower S&H rates now - it's worth buying to see if I like it and then sending back if not. I sure do hope it comes back in stock!

Thanks again, everyone!

Ophelia

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 twocent said:
On 2/18/2015 gardensla said:

Same with the one I received. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Glass-look would have been a step up.

I've never ordered Amy's ring but I've ordered asscher cut earrings before and felt they looked like cut glass. I think this is the nature of that cut of stone.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 ophelia299 said:

Thank you all so much for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that a few of you were disappointed. My feeling was that - with the lower S&H rates now - it's worth buying to see if I like it and then sending back if not. I sure do hope it comes back in stock!

Thanks again, everyone!

Ophelia

If you love it, it is worth a try. Maybe you will be lucky and get one that is awesome! Not much expense to return , if you aren't happy. Smile