Trusted Contributor

Troll Beads at the 'E' station Sunday and Monday

I have been collecting Troll Beads for years. I have several bracelets filled with beads for special occasions. I was shocked to see the E station featuring Troll Beads for 2 shows.

Of course I had to indulge. The prices where very good - but I doubt that will remain in effect since this is a visit.

Super Contributor

Re: Troll Beads at the 'E' station Sunday and Monday

I saw these but didn't buy them because I didn't understand the description of the origin. It lists two European countries and China. Did they mention anything about this during the show?

Honored Contributor

On 2/16/2015 melfie said:

I saw these but didn't buy them because I didn't understand the description of the origin. It lists two European countries and China. Did they mention anything about this during the show?

I don't think that was the case when I was collecting them. I wonder when they started producing them in China. This is what it says on Trollbeads.com:

Where are the products produced?

Trollbeads are produced all over the world; from Denmark and Germany to Eastern Europe, USA, and China. We hand select business partners who have the best product knowledge and expertise, often found in cultures where there is a tradition and understanding for the materials being used.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I have trollbeads from years ago and they were made in Europe (Denmark). China made beads are not the same quality.

When I purchase jewelry I want specifics not it could come from one of several countries. I'll stick to vendors that state the origin.

Super Contributor

Some of the beads are still made in Denmark - some in China

Super Contributor

I forgot all about trollbeads. I had a bracelet back in Jr. High School. I went and checked them out at ShopHQ. Are they joking with the prices?? And people pay that?
My area is full of glass blowers, they don't get near those prices for a vase, let alone a bead!