Super Contributor

Kirks Folly - Remember the Magic

KIRKS FOLLY REMEMBER THE MAGIC DREAM ANGEL ADD-A-CHARM silverFor anyone who misses KF there is quite a lot of it up for sale on Ebay including many seaview moon items. It's a little pricey but there's a whole lot of it for everyone's pocketbooks.

Super Contributor

Re: Kirks Folly - Remember the Magic

I have quite a bit of it and don't need anymore, of any jewelry in fact. But I do miss watching the KF shows and will always remember the magic. There really was something special about them.

Contributor

Ohhhh, I loved Kirks Folly..Still remember when Judy Crowell hosted the show,and the beautiful sets they had..The jewelry was so pretty and magical to me..These show's were back in the day when QVC was a full service network,covered all the bases,items from A to Z..I still watch ,but it's not the same as it used to be

Esteemed Contributor

I remember the first show. I don't remember the names of the (vendor) presenter, but I do remember her excitement when she was told EVERYTHING SOLD OUT. They did not turn off her mike. I was excited for her. She was both thrilled and in disbelief that all her items were a big hit.

Super Contributor

Loved the shows and miss them I couldn't afford it but did splurge on a couple less expensive things.
Trusted Contributor

Loved those shows; didn't buy a lot but may go look on eBay. Loved it with the old sets.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

The Q blew it BIG TIME when they dismissed KF. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

It was a little bit of Magical Fairyland for adults. They were fun shows.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

On 2/19/2015 faeriemoon said: The Q blew it BIG TIME when they dismissed KF. Smiley Sad

Well to be fair didn't KF also quit making the jewelry? It seems like they were kinda saying goodbye according to their own page that says ""Thank you for sharing 35 years of Kirks Folly collection""

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 BillyBob20 said:
On 2/19/2015 faeriemoon said: The Q blew it BIG TIME when they dismissed KF. Smiley Sad

Well to be fair didn't KF also quit making the jewelry? It seems like they were kinda saying goodbye according to their own page that says "Thank you for sharing 35 years of Kirks Folly collection"

No, they didn't "quit making the jewelry" until after QVC abruptly pulled the plug on their line, cancelling shows that were already scheduled throughout the upcoming year for their big 35th year and leaving them with inventory that had already been ordered well in advance and no on-air audience to sell it to.

The company went under after that. And the final show in the wee, small hours that wasn't even named "Kirk's Folly" because the Q renamed it at the last minute, was appalling and badly handled. Many fans missed it because the Q sent out an email saying it had been cancelled. I recorded that time slot just in case and watched the whole sorry presentation.

That was the day QVC started to lose most of my business. The shabby way they treated a long-time vendor was inexcusable. (But certainly a sign of the times and the way QVC now operates.) {#emotions_dlg.mad}