Respected Contributor

I ordered a necklace as a gift and was checking the order status. It stated "in process" and then I notice the picture of the item. Now at the time there were two choices. The one showing in my order status was not the one I ordered. Did an online chat and explained the situation. "Sorry that item you want is not available ... only the other option is available." Well that's not the one I ordered and I don't want that. So she would "try to cancel" it. I said I was disappointed but I didn't understand why they put through the order anyway with no notification. Just got the generic response "sorry for the inconvenience." I know that response. Too bad, so sad.

My response was "it has nothing to do with inconvenience ... but it is bad business on QVC's part." Again, the apology.

So now they lost the sale. I just put my order in through the designer's online site.

Respected Contributor

And now I received an email saying my order shipped.

Valued Contributor
On 2/18/2015 sparklestar said:

And now I received an email saying my order shipped.{#emotions_dlg.angry}

How frustrating! And then it will be on you to have to send it back. Obviously, the shipping will be waived but it's still now your problem. If it's an expensive item, you may want to call CS and demand an immediate refund. They do not have the right to have your money while the whole return process takes place -- which in my experience can take several weeks.

Regular Contributor

Forget about the picture shown. What does the order detail say? Does it indicate the size/color/whatever you made when you ordered?

I know on my orders, the picture on the order detail isn't always the one that I ordered. For example, right now, I ordered a top in the olive color but the picture in my order detail showed the purple one. I have received it an I did, indeed, receive the olive one.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/18/2015 PinkieBelle said:

Forget about the picture shown. What does the order detail say? Does it indicate the size/color/whatever you made when you ordered?

I know on my orders, the picture on the order detail isn't always the one that I ordered. For example, right now, I ordered a top in the olive color but the picture in my order detail showed the purple one. I have received it an I did, indeed, receive the olive one.

Exactly what I was going to say. It is the description in the detail that counts. I once cancelled an order for the Pop Rocks when the picture was the wrong color, then I realized the description was the correct color. I think that is the only time that has happened.

Frequent Contributor
I had a similar situation although it was not with jewelry. When L' Occitane had a TSV a few months back I had ordered the "rose" scent, I was sent "vanilla". I looked at my order status and it indeed state "rose". In the reviews for the product another customer said they didn't receive the scent they ordered but had received the "vanilla" scent. Reading the situation here I wonder if that will become the norm, if what you order is not available they substitute it with what inventory is.
Super Contributor

had a similar situation with me.

Respected Contributor
On 2/18/2015 PinkieBelle said:

It does not indicate what I ordered. There were two choices at the time. The one I chose is not the same one in the order status. When I called CS, she told me the one I chose is no longer available. Well it was available at the time I ordered it.

Respected Contributor

Maybe ... just maybe, (when your package comes) you will be pleasantly surprised to see that it IS the one that you ordered!

Respected Contributor
On 2/18/2015 Tootie15 said:

Maybe ... just maybe, (when your package comes) you will be pleasantly surprised to see that it IS the one that you ordered!

Nothing would surprise me! (I never get lucky that way, but it would be nice)