Contributor

SHAWN'S RING, HEAR MY SOUL SPEAK......

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS RING. Cannot say enough good stuff about it, very classy looking, just size up.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHAWN'S RING, HEAR MY SOUL SPEAK......

I still am not able to figure out what this saying means. (yes, I know it is from Shakespeare) but that does not make the meaning any clearer to me. What does "hear my soul speak" mean to you? All I can think of is maybe someone is begging God to hear a prayer.

Honored Contributor

For me, hear my soul speak would be a call out to not only a higher power, but anyone during times of grief/darkness in a person's life. My dad passed suddenly last summer, and I am walking down a path where my soul does speak from the very depth of my being.
Esteemed Contributor

It's from Shakespeare's The Tempest. Today we often say "from the bottom of my heart." In The Tempest, the character Ferdinand is telling another character Miranda how much he loves her -- and getting her attention by saying, in essence, that he's declaring his love for her from the depth of his soul, his innermost being.

I don't know what it means to Shawn.

Honored Contributor

I have 2!! Yes, I love it, and it gets more compliments than anything I have. People really notice it I guess. I don't care if everyone hated it, I would love it just as much. I wear it everyday.

Unfortunately, I wasn't really careful. I clean, wash do everything with the ring. It will scratch the furniture if you are not careful, LOL! Because I have used cleaners with it, the extreme shine is not so much. But I bought the extra one for very nice occasions. I do love it.

Hint,...if you are watching your weight TAKE THIS RING OFF before being weighed in, LOL!

Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 happy housewife said:

I still am not able to figure out what this saying means. (yes, I know it is from Shakespeare) but that does not make the meaning any clearer to me. What does "hear my soul speak" mean to you? All I can think of is maybe someone is begging God to hear a prayer.

I think it is one of those sayings you don't want to think too deeply about. I think "hear my soul speak" is similar to what you might think. I also think it might refer to being on the outside what you feel inside.

Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 Sammycat1 said:

It's from Shakespeare's The Tempest. Today we often say "from the bottom of my heart." In The Tempest, the character Ferdinand is telling another character Miranda how much he loves her -- and getting her attention by saying, in essence, that he's declaring his love for her from the depth of his soul, his innermost being.

I don't know what it means to Shawn.

Exactly~! From the Bottom of my Heart/Soul.... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I like more literal talismans & mystical signs like pentagrams & 4 leaf clovers & Egyptian symbols instead of words imprinted on jewelry. Remember Larry Talbott in The Wolf Man movie? And Evil Eye stuff. Cool...
Respected Contributor

I love this ring too....and also get many compliments on it when I wear it.

I was getting an lumbar epidural injection months ago, lying on the table face down with my hands over my head. There was a nurse there holding my hand and she loved the ring....wanted to know where I got it. I thought that was pretty funny.

And no....the shot didn't help more than a few days.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

I also have this ring and LOVE it! I was initially somewhat concerned with sizing when I ordered it because I have very small hands. I wear it on my middle finger and have never regretted deciding to get it!

What "Hear My Soul Speak" also means to me: a reminder to myself to be true to my real feelings, beliefs, values, and needs. Smile