Valued Contributor

Big Bonanza Day on a Friday?

On the 27th. It was always on March 1,which is Sunday this year. What the heck are they thinking? So many will be disappointed I'm sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Big Bonanza Day on a Friday?

Before you get inundated by posters lecturing you about how QVC is in it to make money, Sunday is when they sell big ticket electronics or other pricey dodads, jewelry doesn't sell and the profit is too low, where have you been QVC no longer pays attention to heritage programs such as this, etc., may I say that I agree with you!

I would love to stay in on a Sunday and watch 24 hours of fabulous sterling silver jewelry!!!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I haven't seen the schedule, but are they even doing a full 24 hours? It seems like they have cut down the hours for silver days, but not gold or cooking or gardening (yuk)!!! So the day does not matter to me as much as the hours and I also hope it is new stock.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Super Contributor

They did that last year too when it didn't air on the first. I guess they see these jewelry days as less lucrative than Dell, Sweepers and Bose sales for the wknds.........

Maybe St. Patrick's Day will be moved this year also. Last year they didn't even have it during the primetime hours....

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! I don't work on Fridays. Works for me finally.
Valued Contributor

On 2/11/2015 faeriemoon said:

They'd never throw the clown out of the kitchen on a Sunday to sell jewelry.

Not that I consider David Venable a clown, but he was not in the Kitchen for the last two Sundays. Two weeks ago was Designer Jewlery Day and last week was Gardening Day. So yes they do change the programming even on Sundays.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC doesn't want to interfere with whatever cooking show, vacuum cleaner, blender or mattress they will have to sell on the weekends.

Once more, I guess they miss the fact that women actually WORK outside the home.