Trusted Contributor

Did anyone try to cancel an item ordered on Designer Sunday?

I tried to cancel an item 3 hours after I ordered it online and the order said that it would take 48 hours to cancel. I was just informed that the item shipped. This has never happened to me before is this a new device used by QVC? I mean 3 hours is not that long to wait to cancel something. It was not being readied for shipment that quickly.

I do not order or cancel orders that much this is really a pain. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone try to cancel an item ordered on Designer Sunday?

They must have shipped some of the items very quickly. I ordered a Hagit Gorali ring and it's out for delivery today (Tuesday).

Respected Contributor

Another way to make money off the returns?

Super Contributor

Yes, that has happened to me. I think this is more likely to happen when items are limited in quantity and price for 24 hours. I know, it su*cks.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.angry} yes, refuse the delivery and tell them you cancelled this order and it shipped anyway they used to acknowledge this but I don't know if they will still do so.

They use the excuse the "vendor" ships the orders. I claim e-mail is only 1 click away!

Respected Contributor

Poor QVC, they just can't get a break. People boo hoo hoo and whine about slow delivery times and then they do the same thing when QVC speeds things up....lol What do you people want???? It's not "new". Most of my items ship within 48 hours, sometimes with 24 hours and I have indeed tried to cancel something only to be told that I can't because the item is "in process" or has already shipped. If you just want to put something on "hold", use the pay by check option. If you change your mind, you can cancel the order. If you decide you do want the item, call customer service and tell them that you want to pay for it with your credit card.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, tried to do the same thing and mine wouldn't cancel either. Oh well, if I don't "love it", I plan to return it. the reason I changed my mind was that after thinking about it, I decided the item wouldn't be a good look for me. of course maybe when i see it in person, I'll be fine.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I ordered it in the first place and it is my fault so I except responsibility! I will be careful in the future that is for sure. I ordered the OTO Scott Kay bracelet and the 20inch bolo necklace at the event price--who knows I might just love it.

Super Contributor

On 2/3/2015 dperry said:

Well, I ordered it in the first place and it is my fault so I except responsibility! I will be careful in the future that is for sure. I ordered the OTO Scott Kay bracelet and the 20inch bolo necklace at the event price--who knows I might just love it.

It was meant to be!

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 dperry said:

Thank you for being responsible. I'm so tired of people blaming QVC for their own purchase. I've only canceled one thing and that was about 3 minutes after I ordered it and realized I got the wrong size.

If you're not 100% sure, you can add something to your cart and NOT complete the purchase. The cart refreshes after 1 hour if it's not touched, so just go in and add something else every 45 minutes. That's what I always do with things I'm not sure about and 9 times out of 10, I don't end up buying them. I never have to worry about not being able to cancel an order and the item goes back for someone else who truly does love the item to go ahead and purchase.