Trusted Contributor
Okay. I am not an elephant person. I actually don't "get" it. Well, I may have changed my mind. I saw the cuff on bixby delphi forums and Q has a pic of the enhancer J321183. Is that not the sweetest face? That elephant looks like a loving mother to me. I am thinking of Disney's Dumbo mom. The elephant actually looks cuddly. Cuddly! An elephant! ... Then I looked at J320803. I love amethyst. These elephants are not cuddly and don't really do anything for me. I noticed this was an amethyst doublet and that didn't wow me either. I have doublets but come on. I want a real stone that isn't glued or fused or whatever to another. But theeeeeen I read the description. Faceted amethyst on top of hematite on the bottom. Isn't that the combo of the David Yurman black orchid ring that Jill wears? I really like that color. The Jai John Hardy ring doesn't look as dark as the David Yurman black orchid, but it could just be the pic. I will be watching to see this ring on-air. The enhancer is not on easy pay (grr) but the ring is. Only 4 easy pay. I like 6! *grin*
Super Contributor

Re: Jai John Hardy Elephants

I find these elephant pieces looking very warm, and mom-like. It is more to me like a maternal symbol, very loving looking. I've been very happy with Jai line, good fit, exceptionally well made, the most beautiful jewelry boxes on QVC. I like Honora silk pouches too.

Contributor

I'm not an elephant person either, but I find these appealing and am drawn to them. Hmmmmm...do I really need one?
Trusted Contributor

Oh my gosh - While I love elephants in the animal kingdom, I really try not to purchase whimsical or animal/critter jewelry (I used to occasionally). But that elephant enhancer is so beautiful and it moves me. It does draw me in, too. I have to check out the ring you described. I'm so tempted by the elephant enhancer - she's in my wish list.

Esteemed Contributor

I so love elephants!! I was on waitlist and just received the cutest elephant line bracelet from the diamonique line. It's a line of silver elephants and every other one is encrusted with diamonique. Gorgeous! So cute. It sure was worth the wait.

Respected Contributor

Sakuya, thank you so much for bringing these precious elephants to my attention. Elephants hold a special meaning for me. Your description of comparing the sweet look to that of Dumbo's mother was spot on.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I put the enhancer and the matching pieces on my wishlist. Think I'll give a Valentine's Day hint to DH and see what happens!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

I think the new elephant collection is extraordinary, inspiring, and different from what other designers are doing. The level of craftsmanship in the Jai and John Hardy lines achieves the level of art in my opinion. Jai and Hardy artisans create silver sculptures that do justice to the animals they represent.

I appreciate the true craftsmanship of master silver workers and how they try to capture some of the magnificent animals that God created in that medium.

Contributor

Let me preface this by saying i am NOT criticizing anyone for their purchases just simply stating my experience..I am an animal lover also and had collected elephant 'stuff' for years.Then it hit me hit me that if i loved elephants so much, why was i wasting money like this?? Better to help their cause for survival..so i now donate what i would have spent on 'stuff' to wildlife organizations....

Respected Contributor

Dumac, you're a sweetie!
Respected Contributor

Dumac, it is wonderful that you support animal causes. I have many friends who give similarly. One of the causes that I support helps feed the people who live in my county. There is a place for all of us who give to charities that are dear to us, and way too many causes for us to give to all of them, sadly.

I like to think that any money I spend on handmade Indonesian (or Peruvian jewelry) purchases provides some financial support to artisans who have silver working talents, as I want to help provide them with the means to pass those skills down to the next generation of artisans. I look at such purchases as a small contribution to the Arts (as some of the money supports gifted silver workers), rather than as frivolous purchases.