Respected Contributor

Scott Kay Line Premiering on QVC

Sorry to hear about her father passing.

Am looking forward to watching her and seeing this new line.

From JCK:

Tiffany Kay will take the place of her late father, Scott, when his line premieres on QVCon Feb. 1, Super Bowl Sunday.

The famed designer was originally supposed to appear on the network to introduce his made-for-QVC sterling silver Guardian line. In the wake of his sudden death on on Dec. 4, his daughter Tiffany, who worked on the collection, will appear in his stead.

Tiffany Kay admits that she may “get emotional” when she talks about her father and his often-personal creations.

Kay will appear on the network twice on Feb. 1, at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern time.

The sterling silver Guardian line will use the same inspiration as the Kay platinum line of the same name, but with different designs.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

Re: Scott Kay Line Premiering on QVC

I am looking forward to seeing new designs. I am glad Tiffany will be taking over and have no doubt it will be emotional for her. I am sure she will make her father proud by being the face of the Scott Kay line.
Respected Contributor

This is an alert to me "" made-for-QVC line.""

Trusted Contributor

On 1/26/2015 sparklestar said:

This is an alert to me "" made-for-QVC line.""

That means we won't find these pieces in brick and mortar stores. It doesn't have to mean inferior product. We shall see when reviews start coming in. I am happy to see a new line come to Q. If I see the word ""bronze"" in any description I will be disappointed.
Respected Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Sakuya said:
On 1/26/2015 sparklestar said:

This is an alert to me " made-for-QVC line."

That means we won't find these pieces in brick and mortar stores. It doesn't have to mean inferior product. We shall see when reviews start coming in. I am happy to see a new line come to Q. If I see the word "bronze" in any description I will be disappointed.

If this were the QVC of the 90s, I would agree with you about the quality not being inferior.... however, taking into consideration the downturn of this network, I would probably be concerned about this "made for QVC" product. We'll see. I hope I'm wrong.

Trusted Contributor

I would think the brand would not want their name attached to an inferior product. Time will tell. I am hoping it will be a line that I like.
Trusted Contributor

I've seen Scott Kay in stores, looks to me like john hardy only more money.
Respected Contributor

oops. NM

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

It seems like a pattern ... first we will see Diamonique and then maybe bronze.

Honored Contributor

I can only imagine how emotional it will for Tiffany Kay to present her father's collection.

I doubt I could do it so soon after his death.