Honored Contributor

If you sold all of your gold jewelry within the last five years, do you now regret it?

I do. There are many pieces I should have kept.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Re: If you sold all of your gold jewelry within the last five years, do you now regret it?

I didn't sell any of mine except a chain necklace that kept getting caught in my hair. I know someone who sold $800+ worth of her jewelry. Not sure if she misses any of it.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

Re: If you sold all of your gold jewelry within the last five years, do you now regret it?

I have never given it a second thought. Did it at just the right time and really made some money off of it. Made me realize that I had way too much jewelry to really appreciate it AND wear it.

Honored Contributor

I have always preferred white metals. I sold yellow gold that I was no longer wearing or gold that wasn't my style anymore. I sold all those single earrings and broken chains I was holding on to. So, I have just two regrets. I had a yg San Marco bracelet that I wish I still had and I had a big, bold cigar band ring that I should have kept. I don't worry about it.......I loved the $1700 I got. I remember the shock when the jeweler weighed it and made the offer......and paid in cash.
Respected Contributor

There are a couple of pieces I miss: An 18k herringbone with an etched floral design. It never laid flat, tho, so I gave up on it. And there was another chain I bought at the Union Market in NJ with some birthday money when I was a teen. Should've kept it for posterity. Everything else was broken or kinked.

Super Contributor

I had a lot of very big heavy pieces bought 15 plus years ago. Beautiful italian pieces...works of art. They were never worn. I just bought them for their beauty... I sold them...I have now just what I wear. No regrets. Maybe someone else can wear and enjoy them...maybe they were melted down. It does not matter to me. I made a lot of money selling when gold was at its peak!$$$$$$$ Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Ford, I don't regret anything I sold because I sold only the bad and the broken. What I do regret is not having sold more of the pieces I really never wear and which I doubt anyone ever will. I keep watching the gold market looking for a good time to sell more, but that's not looking good.

Also have to say I understand where your thinking must be because when I stopped buying any jewelry over a year ago, I went through everything I did own and now I wear much more of what I have.

Frequent Contributor

I regret selling a few pieces but not many.
Super Contributor

I love silver, and don't wear much gold. I sold most of my gold when the prices were really high. I am sorry that I did sell two rings, since I will wear gold once in awhile. Other then that, I don't miss it at all.

Occasional Contributor

A little.