New Contributor

ANOTHER disappointing gem day

What happened to QVC selling classic 1 ct gems like garnet, aquamarine, citrine etc gems? I did buy the TSV but I did not see anything else I like. I don't mind spending up to $200 for a piece but the gems they are selling are ridiculous. QVC has turned into the channel for the rich. I know there have been other posts started on this so don't criticize me for starting another one! I had the same comment the last gem day. I like to wear classic jewelry to work, sorry I do not work in the fashion industry to justify wearing these odd gems that cost $500 to $3000.

Its funny listening to Rick justify ppl spending $2500 on a bangle braclet! I have seen other posts with their suggestions of other channels to watch, I guess I will be shopping other channels for my classic jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Re: ANOTHER disappointing gem day

I saw plenty I liked but I kept looking for the middle ground, only to find that, as is usually the case these days with QVC, there wasn't one... And yes, I too kept looking for garnet and citrine but, well, there just wasn't any to speak of...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 stevieb said:

I saw plenty I liked but I kept looking for the middle ground, only to find that, as is usually the case these days with QVC, there wasn't one... And yes, I too kept looking for garnet and citrine but, well, there just wasn't any to speak of...

That's why I shop on ShopHQ. Give me Michael V any day of the week.
Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 BlingQueen022 said:

Hey girl... I've been over there more and more often... Picked up a pretty ring there just recently... As for here today, nada... Also been watching JTV. Hey, if QVC can't get the job done, there are others who can!

Esteemed Contributor

Hey girl... I've been over there more and more often... Picked up a pretty ring there just recently... As for here today, nada... Also been watching JTV. Hey, if QVC can't get the job done, there are others who can!

Amen to that! I'm not buying a thing from this gem day. Next Friday, on the 16th StevieB, is Gem Day on ShopHQ. Michael has the TTV. It's a coral beaded necklace and it comes in different colors. I'm not interested in it, but .michael said he's bringing in 89 new designs. There goes my credit card, lol. Enjoy your new ring!!
Honored Contributor

Sorry you were disappointed. I watched off and on and thought today's jewelry was the best jewelry day I've seen on QVC for many years.

I particularly liked the turquoise offerings as well as the diamonds. We haven't seen turquoise in gold like we did today ever that I can remember.

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 millieshops said:

Sorry you were disappointed. I watched off and on and thought today's jewelry was the best jewelry day I've seen on QVC for many years.

I particularly liked the turquoise offerings as well as the diamonds. We haven't seen turquoise in gold like we did today ever that I can remember.

The oval turquoise and diamond ring was simply beautiful... Yes, I think they do too much turquoise but that was one gorgeous ring...

Sleeping Beauty Turquoise & Diamond Ring, 14K 1/10 ct tw - J286338

Respected Contributor

I thought it was a pretty good Gem Day. Lots of items were out of my price range but it was enjoyable to watch.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2015 millieshops said:

The oval turquoise and diamond ring was simply beautiful... Yes, I think they do too much turquoise but that was one gorgeous ring...

Sleeping Beauty Turquoise & Diamond Ring, 14K 1/10 ct tw - J286338

Pretty ring, love these kind of Victorian styles, but I have seen more elegant by Carlo Viani on shopnbc years ago with Persian.
Super Contributor

I like his design, and I finally ordered a chunky ring with rare citrine. It was big, with the total weight of less than 2.5 gr. It was hollow, and literally you can't feel it on your finger. I did love the citrine, but I mailed it back, and I spent like 13 dollars in mailing fee. It was the second time I ordered anything from shophq, and my first mistake costed me $200 dollars to fix. This one just 13 dollars in shipping fee. NEVER again. Love QVC.