Honored Contributor

I just tuned into QVC to see how gem day was going. I'm watching the end of a Graziela show - almost everything is selling out. Lots of interesting gems. Too bad for me and QVC that my resolution for 2015 is no jewelry - I'm seeing pieces different from any I already own.

Happy to see the shoppers are finding goodies. That's what counts in the end.

Hope I stick with my resolution.

Honored Contributor

Resolutions are made to be broken. Just deny yourself something else to ease your conscience.

Super Contributor

Resolutions are made to be broken. Just deny yourself something else to ease your conscience.

Honored Contributor

Not making resolutions is a good thing...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Love jewelry and have so much it's beyond embarrassing. I'm sticking with my resolution.

I was just pleased to see people are buying - lots of times I sit here and read and think no one could possibly be buying because so many of the posts are negative. Just as an example, yesterday I thought the overall cost of the TSV was good, but so many posters complained I thought QVC wouldn't sell much. Mid-evening last night I switched from news about the Paris mess to QVC for a minute. and found out they'd sold out of some colors and had already sold over 118,000 sets.

Right now my TV is off - I own lots of pretty turquoise- but I'm coming back to see the diamonds. I have those, too, but they're still my first love, so I'll iron and watch and listen to see if any sell.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching but not likely buying. They are offering some very pretty things, but the prices are understandably commensurate and I'm not wanting to spend big bucks for jewelry right now... I'll have to see if anything surfaces that I can't resist. So far, I'm good... That said, I laid away a beautiful ring for myself at Christmas at a local shop, so I'll just have to try to keep that in mind as I watch.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure how many more hours of turquoise are scheduled, but I'll likely be skipping them too... They've beat this gemstone to a pulp in recent months, much as they did drusy and black spinel before... As I noted elsewhere, I used to love turquoise shows, but this is yet something else QVC's tendency to repetition has essentially ruined.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that there are some very pretty things but I am on a "diet" right now, both in the food category and also in spending. I keep reminding myself that I have plenty of pretty things - unique ones, too - that I bought years ago and I don't need another thing in the jewelry department.

If you like what you see and you are in the position to buy (or just want to), I hope you find something that makes you very happy.

I'm in agreement with stevie on the topic of turquoise and in particular SB turquoise. QVC seems to feel the need to just drive one gemstone so hard that it becomes unenjoyable to watch the programming. A few years ago I bought some pretty earrings and a ring BEFORE the mine closed and I like what I have so I'm passing on buying anything else right now.

The good news is -- its way more fun to look at jewelry than blenders, computers & vacuum cleaners - even if I'm not buying.

Respected Contributor

Yes, there has been several nice pieces offered today but unfortunately they are out of my price range. I really don't need anything anyways. My husband has bought me some beautiful pieces over the years. I don't even wear them that often unless going out to dinner or someplace special and don't have to dress for work. If you found something, hope you love it.

Esteemed Contributor

someone please tell me....if that darn Sleeping Beauty Mine has been closed for years now...how does all these shopping channels ""just happen"" to come upon a bucket full for every gem show they have....I'm finding their believability questionable....lol...