Regular Contributor

The Representative for the Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection

I posted this elsewhere but it may be easier to just put it in one place for those that are interestedSmile.

There are three officers of the Elizabeth Taylor Trust. She chose each person herself. They are Christopher Wilding her son, Barbara L. Berkowitz (her longtime lawyer), Timothy R. Mendelson her personal assistant for 20 years and who was the on air rep (last night) for her jewelry line. They were also the 3 involved in the design of the pieces...

Like all of the products that bear her name and likeness, a portion of the royalties earned by the estate from the sale of The Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection go directly to the benefit ofThe Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation(ETAF). I believe it is 25%...

Links to official Elizabeth Taylor web site:

http://elizabethtaylor.com/the-woman/the-elizabeth-taylor-jewelry-collection/

http://elizabethtaylor.com/

Super Contributor

Re: The Representative for the Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection

I watched that show last nite ... I thought Lisa seemed a little uncomfortable with him ... and I did not think he was as knowledgeable as he should be with his presentations ... I was glad when the show was over ....

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Respected Contributor

Being on air is hard for someone who hasn't done it before. Even the best vendors and shows hosts get better over time, their first times weren't always that great.

Occasional Contributor

I watched the show and noticed that a couple of times Lisa referred to the Elizabeth Taylor Foundation, and Tim interjected "AIDS foundation." For all the respect and admiration Lisa claimed to have for ET, that was an important distinction that she should have known.

Trusted Contributor

What....? I watched the whole thing. They both did a very good job. The guy was interesting. I don't know what YOU were watching.
Trusted Contributor

I completely agree with both humpty and lavender ~ I hope presenting comes easier to him with time as I'm sure it will !!!
Trusted Contributor

I thought the vendor was terrible and really didn't sell the jewelry. When Phil did Jackie Kennedy he had pictures for all the jewelry and fabulous history behind it all. He was excellent. This guy didn't do any of that. He was nervous but lisa looked quite uncomfortable with him. Then he said something stupid about the big ring being a pinky ring and lisa gave him a very weird look. I honestly doubt this collection will not last it's too evening. In fact the item that sold out the most was the bangles and they were one of the few not black tie evening jewelry.
Trusted Contributor

Nobody can match Old Phillip for facts & trivia about Jacqueline.
Regular Contributor

I'm watching the first hour that I missed last night on QVC Plus this AM and really like this guy. I did miss the first few items again so didn't hear his introduction but he was with her for many years and I'm enjoying hearing his firsthand stories. I did listen to many of Philip's stories and enjoyed the history of the pieces but prefer firsthand impressions that Tim is giving. I think Lisa had a nice rapport with him and can't imagine how she remained so calm and professional with this being her last night leaving a job of 20 yrs. I would be a basket case so can totally understand some repetitive phrases but she did share a lot of her own knowledge gleaned from her love of the book and she kept the show on track and flowing smoothly. I'm not a fan of costume jewelry but can appreciate the workmanship in making some of these intricate pieces and am happy they used simulated rubies.

Honored Contributor

He did tell the story behind the Krupp Diamond, that it had belonged to a German woman, and Liz was dying to get her hands on it, she wanted it to end up on the hand of a Jewish girl. I had heard Liz herself tell the same back story on this piece years ago on the Rosie O'Donnell talk show.