Super Contributor

Calling Jersey Born or Penelope

Hi girls, did either of you receive your new Judith Ripka purple pearl & dangle bracelet J295426? Would love to know what you think of the size of the pearls and the color? Are they really purple or more bluish periwinkle like the photo? Also how big is the charm/truffle ball hanging off it? I have J278947 Rolling status link & pave drop bracelet so wondered if the charm was a similar size? I was so disappointed in the shows because I kept waiting for the presentation - Customer Service said it would be shown last night and it never was. Hate when that happens. Love to hear your reviews.

Respected Contributor

Re: Calling Jersey Born or Penelope

Good morning, Kiwi. I have not yet received the purple pearl bracelet. It is taking a very long time to get to me. I don't have that very beautiful rolling status link bracelet, but I would bet the pave drop is the same size as the drop on the amy and mop heart bracelet drop from a long time ago. As soon as I receive the new pearl bracelet, I will be sure to answer all of your questions.

Super Contributor

Thanks Jersey Born. I got the bracelet at the lower price as well. Had it sitting on check hold till the presentation, but since we didn't get one, I decided to punt and have it sent- otherwise it wouldn't get here for Christmas. Hope we both love it.

Super Contributor

Hi, I hate when that happens too! I was also waiting to see it. Mine is scheduled to arrive today. I'm really hoping the pearls are nice. I want pearliness, not the look of dyed Honora (I realize the JR ones are dyed too, but I hope they're good). As soon as I get it, I will let you know!

Super Contributor

I will be watching out for your review Penelope. Hope it is fantastic!

Super Contributor

Well I received the bracelet today. My overall impression is that it's pretty, but I'm not super duper over the moon about it. I think the finishing of the silver is not as nice as my older items. The silver is very shiny.

So, the pearls: they are about 8-9mm and a nice soft purple. I would not say they are lavender, they have a deeper (but softened) color. Depending on the light source they match the tanzanite in a skinny Judith cuff bracelet. In natural light the pearls are more bluish than the amethyst stones, which look to me like a true purple. The pearls don't have that fakey dyed Honora look.

The charm: it is 9/16" wide by 5/8" long. Including all the links, it hangs 1-1/8" from the bracelet. The stones are nice and bright. I love the blue topaz.

I hope this is helpful!

Super Contributor

Hi Penelope,

Thanks for the review. Doesn't sound as though you are as wowed by it as we hoped? Would you say the color of the pearls is true to the picture? What size did you get? Does it fit like it should? Are you going to keep it? Do you have any of Judith's other amy cuffs? Most of the amy I have from her is mid color, more to the pinkish side? Do you like the colors together or do you think she missed with the pearl color and the amys? Were the pearls the size you were expecting or smaller than you hoped for ?

Super Contributor

Hi Kiwi and Jersey, I think the pearl color is close to the pictures, maybe not as bright. I got the 7-1/4" (lower mistake price), and the fit is fine. I am going to keep it, especially because I cut off the charm so I can add it only when I want. I added a small fleur de lis charm for every day wear. I don't have any other amethyst at all, but they may be a little on the pink side now that you mention it, but still very purple and bright. All the colors look good together. The pearls are a perfect size for a bracelet, not small but still stackable.

I must say the workmanship of the silver is significantly different from my other JR pieces. The finishing is crude in comparison, but I don't think it really looks low quality unless you are comparing them closely. They still work together. I'm wondering if they changed manufacturing standards, not for the better. Let me know what you think when you get yours.

Super Contributor

Thanks Penelope for further clarification of your thoughts on the bracelet. Mine is still stuck ""In Process""??? Will review when I get it.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Kiwi. I still haven't received mine yet. I hope I receive it tomorrow. We shall see.