Honored Contributor

As usual I am watching jewelry (better than the news or electronics or bedding) Today its LC, and I'm wondering why they keep the hosts on the set when they have the "executives" on with them. They just sit there and either ooooh and aaaah at these amazing price drops, or laugh like titmouses. Either let them act like hosts or let them go get some coffee.

Respected Contributor

The execs are only on set with the hosts when something special is going on. Right now they are having especially low prices (or so they say) during the Xmas rush. It doesn't make any difference to me whether the execs are there or not....I only care about the merchandise and I picked up several nice things to round out my jewelry wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

I know what you mean. JTV can be like that too, though less than it used to be. The man would be paired with an attractive woman. He would do most of the talking while she sat there smiling and looking pretty, nodding in agreement, and occasionally repeating a word or two of his. It's actually fascinating, that such programming still exists.

Respected Contributor
On 12/8/2014 ValuSkr said:

I know what you mean. JTV can be like that too, though less than it used to be. The man would be paired with an attractive woman. He would do most of the talking while she sat there smiling and looking pretty, nodding in agreement, and occasionally repeating a word or two of his. It's actually fascinating, that such programming still exists.

JTV has not ever, in the 10 or so years that I have been watching, brought execs or manangers out to set to sit with show hosts. The men you see on JTV are show hosts. I believe that JTV has the highest percentage of male show hosts of all the shopping channels. You can say a lot of things about JTV's female hosts but you can never say that any one of them is shy and retiring...lol

Respected Contributor

I didn't know titmice laughed

Honored Contributor

I was going to say hyenas, but the laughs aren't loud, they are little squeaks, like little tiny mice. I have been buying from them, Rocks and JTV, as well as HQ and occasionally HSN. QVC isn't on the list because THEY DON'T HAVE ANY JEWELRY SHOWS. I don't consider Bronzo jewelry.