Honored Contributor

To the person that sent the ring back and did not insure

For some reason my computer is all in a kerfuffle .

She said she did not insure because she trusts the QVC label. Lets be logical: if it is a small package and is going to QVC it is most likely jewelry and easily taken. I'm not saying it was stolen, but one should always insure. I'm just sayin'

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

Re: To the person that sent the ring back and did not insure

You can trust the QVC label but need to get a receipt from the post office. As long as you can prove you sent it back they will not hold you responsible...no need to insure although if I send something over a certain amount ($300) I might send it on my own and insure

Honored Contributor

I'd just never send two tiny items in one package. I can just see how people work and I'm not talking just QVC. They take one item out of an envelope or a box and then toss the rest.

How many times do we have to hear people complain they didn't get something only to have another poster tell them they didn't really look in the box where what they wanted was right there in front of them - if they'd only looked!

I just did that myself last week. I bought a new phone system. Last night I stood looking at wall mount for that phone when I suddenly realized I'd thrown the mounting screws for that away with the box! Fortunately, I don't have to search through the trash this time - I don't want to wall mount anyway.

But if those screws had been a ring and in a big warehouse setting where a worker had already removed what he thought was everything valuable, that ring is long gone. No thief even required.

Don't be too frugal - find a way to return items so a worker under time pressure has half a chance of finding your valuables. And, yes, I'd insure if I really cared about what I was mailing.

Respected Contributor

On 12/7/2014 millieshops said:

I'd just never send two tiny items in one package. I can just see how people work and I'm not talking just QVC. They take one item out of an envelope or a box and then toss the rest.

How many times do we have to hear people complain they didn't get something only to have another poster tell them they didn't really look in the box where what they wanted was right there in front of them - if they'd only looked!

I just did that myself last week. I bought a new phone system. Last night I stood looking at wall mount for that phone when I suddenly realized I'd thrown the mounting screws for that away with the box! Fortunately, I don't have to search through the trash this time - I don't want to wall mount anyway.

But if those screws had been a ring and in a big warehouse setting where a worker had already removed what he thought was everything valuable, that ring is long gone. No thief even required.

Don't be too frugal - find a way to return items so a worker under time pressure has half a chance of finding your valuables. And, yes, I'd insure if I really cared about what I was mailing.

Exactly. Use common sense. For an inexpensive item, the QVC label with a receipt from the Post Office will suffice. Always get that receipt. Little packages are highly suspect and this time of year, they hire temporary workers and there is a higher chance of theft. I am sorry this happened to you. I had expensive lessons to learn also when I took a shortcut because of time or money.

Regular Contributor

I'm just saying

1. I would NEVER put more than 1 item in a return bag. And I save the receipt from the PO to prove I mailed it. Once long ago, Q said they hadn't received my return. I had the receipt and could tell them the day and time that it was mailed. Of course they credited my account w/o actually receiving the item.

2. For safety sake, if it is a valuable item , I still insure it and again save the receipt. I feel better safe than sorry. I sold on ebay for 10 years and had several buyers say they hadn't received their package. As long as I had proof of mailing and insurance I was never asked to return the buyers money.

3. Everyone can feel free to mail however they choose but if you do it by the book you really can't hold the Q responsible. IMHO!

Trusted Contributor

About a month ago....My post office no longer gives receipts out for prepaid return labels. From now on I will make sure they scan label so I can prove it was sent back. I am guilty of combining returns...never on expensive items such as jewelry.
Honored Contributor

I rarely use Q's label, especially for jewelry. I prefer to get priority mail shipping online at USPS.com. I print and pay for it there. You can also sign up there so you get emails as it progresses through the system and is delivered. There are times I insure it as well, it all depends on the time.

Super Contributor

And how was it packed? In a bunch of foam peanuts? I combine returns ,yes jewelry. I pack it bubble wrap, then boxes, then a layer of bubble wrap. Lift the layer of bubble wrap and see boxes side by side. Rubber band with slip around each box.
Respected Contributor

I used to always return more than one clothing item in a bag. Never had any problems receiving my refunds. But, if the items were expensive, I shipped them separately and insured them.

Super Contributor

Just an FYI to anyone who returns jewelry or other expensive items to QVC be sure that you insure the jewelry or item. Many years ago I returned a gold bracelet to QVC through the USPS and yes the package was insured. This was during the holiday season and the bracelet never made it to QVC. I ended up receiving a check from the USPS for the bracelet.