Respected Contributor

Does Anyone Buy Jewelry For Your Daughter In Laws?

I was thinking of buying a jewelry piece for my daughter in law but just don't know what. She is a school teacher. What items do you like to buy for jewelry gifts for your daughter in law if any. Thanks

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Buy Jewelry For Your Daughter In Laws?

My MIL has given me several pieces of jewelry, most of which are hiding in the back of my jewelry box. She really didn't know or share my taste, and I've rarely worn jewelry she has given me. If you don't know your DIL's taste in jewelry, I wouldn't.

Valued Contributor

Absolutely! I have given jewelry to my beloved daughter-in-law for almost ten years now and have just ordered her something else this morning for Christmas.

She has loved everything which I am thankful for and I also purchase for her sister and their Mom.

It has been a wonderful thing for all of us! Everyone is very appreciative and they love the pieces they get.

If you know her well enough it may be the beginning of a beautiful new bonding level between you. Wishing you the best! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Yes I do. I buy them rings, earrings, a bracelet and a necklace. One year for example I picked out london blue stud earrings, a swiss blue ring with a single stone, a tiny beaded turquoise necklace and a bracelet with tiny blue turquoise stones and a couple of sky blue topaz. It all didn't match necessarily but it all looked beautiful together. Another year I went with all garnet stones in everything and one year for her birthday I chose peridot. That's not even her birthstone but she always loves what I've given her.

Honored Contributor

Yes. You can probably see from jewelry she is wearing now so you know what she likes. I know I would like it.

Honored Contributor

I'd only buy jewelry for someone whose taste I was sure I know. And that's tough. I think I have only one piece I received as a gift that I wear over and over and still love.

Respected Contributor

My MIL used to buy me gold jewerly all the time..she has since passed away in her 90's...she was in her early 60's when we married..but I received some nice pieces...gold bangle bracelets, pearl necklace and bracelet set..etc..

Respected Contributor

On 12/1/2014 CouponQueen said:

My MIL used to buy me gold jewerly all the time..she has since passed away in her 90's...she was in her early 60's when we married..but I received some nice pieces...gold bangle bracelets, pearl necklace and bracelet set..etc..

I have no "true" DIL as they are not married..but do live together and mother of my grandson...

I spend about half of what I do on my son on her for Gifts..I will give her $100 gift card to Victoria Secret ..(that was what she requested)..and then will buy her a couple pandora charms for her bracelet my son started for her..and a few other things..probably girl stuff..pair of boots..she picked them out..or I should say posted I WANT THESE on Facebook LOL..and then I do her a Christmas stocking.

Same for my daughter's husband..he will get about half of what she does..about $250..and a stocking..she bought him the Xbox One..so will buy him a game for sure..and probably clothes..

Honored Contributor

I have given both of mine some birthstone jewelry and some Alex and Ani bracelets and bracelets styled like those. They have tastes that are very different from mine.
Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone much appreciated. I know should would like a bracelet maybe an alex and ani. Much appreciated!!