Valued Contributor
I've always liked Michael Dawkins pieces but they were a bit pricy for me. Today on lunchtime specials I was able to pick up a starry nights ring and earrings for about $60! I noticed almost all of his pieces are on clearance and lots of easy payments. Is he leaving QVC? I'm so happy to get the chance to try his line. Smiley Happy. I haven't treated myself to designer silver in a while. =D
Honored Contributor

I will have to keep an eye out...I have several of his pieces and would be happy to add to my collection.

Honored Contributor

I have loved MD since he came to the Q. I've got quite a collection, and still love the designs but have become a bit disenchanted regarding how much jeweler's metal has been put into his items to make them feel more weighty. Yes, they are 925 Sterling Silver and are marked as such, and I'm sure they meet federal requirements, but jeweler's metal can be used with this precious metal legally. This metal is aside from the alloy that is mixed with the Silver to make it harder. Also became disenchanted with how easily a couple of my bracelets broke, little wires that slowly came "unwrapped" rather than a soldered link.

Yes, I'll miss him if he's leaving because despite it all and knowing this, I still love his edgy designs and would probably buy something else.... but I'm still disappointed.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor
On 11/9/2014 Q4u said:

I have loved MD since he came to the Q. I've got quite a collection, and still love the designs but have become a bit disenchanted regarding how much jeweler's metal has been put into his items to make them feel more weighty. Yes, they are 925 Sterling Silver and are marked as such, and I'm sure they meet federal requirements, but jeweler's metal can be used with this precious metal legally. This metal is aside from the alloy that is mixed with the Silver to make it harder. Also became disenchanted with how easily a couple of my bracelets broke, little wires that slowly came "unwrapped" rather than a soldered link.

Yes, I'll miss him if he's leaving because despite it all and knowing this, I still love his edgy designs and would probably buy something else.... but I'm still disappointed.....

Wow thanks for the feedback! I am completely unaware of this jeweler's metal. What is it? I'm concerned as I'm highly allergic to nickel.
Valued Contributor
On 11/9/2014 momtodogs said:

I will have to keep an eye out...I have several of his pieces and would be happy to add to my collection.

All clearance prices pretty much and easy pay. If it's not, I'd add it to your wishlist. I bet it comes up as a lunch time special.
Valued Contributor

Someone 2 years ago wrote on this forum that they took one of his bracelets to a jeweler who said there was a lot of base metal in the silver (and therefore, it could not be fixed). So I have always thought this was the case with some of his jewelry. I do love his pieces, but who knows how much base metal is in them. I also have one of those bracelets that others have said the wires came unwrapped. (Bead signature bracelet.) So disappointing.

Valued Contributor
On 11/9/2014 mia 2 said:

Someone 2 years ago wrote on this forum that they took one of his bracelets to a jeweler who said there was a lot of base metal in the silver (and therefore, it could not be fixed). So I have always thought this was the case with some of his jewelry. I do love his pieces, but who knows how much base metal is in them. I also have one of those bracelets that others have said the wires came unwrapped. (Bead signature bracelet.) So disappointing.

Thanks mia 2. That's interesting about these metals. How did I miss this?! Do they look platinum? Sorry you were disappointed.
Frequent Contributor
On 11/9/2014 mia 2 said:

unfortunately I ran into something similar. Bracelet broke and lost stone...love love love that bracelet. Had to go to several jewelers since QVC customer service was no help for a contact for Michael Dawkins. Both jewelers said that they didn't want to touch it for some reason. I still have the bracelet and thinking I might toy around and see if I can somehow rig it together. I haven't bought another piece since.

Valued Contributor
On 11/10/2014 icuryy said:
On 11/9/2014 mia 2 said:

unfortunately I ran into something similar. Bracelet broke and lost stone...love love love that bracelet. Had to go to several jewelers since QVC customer service was no help for a contact for Michael Dawkins. Both jewelers said that they didn't want to touch it for some reason. I still have the bracelet and thinking I might toy around and see if I can somehow rig it together. I haven't bought another piece since.

Thank you icuryy. I'm really thinking of canceling. It's a cast ring and stud earrings. Hard to imagine something going wrong with those..? Hmmm. What do do?!
Valued Contributor

Why would you think he is leaving QVC? I thought clearance was for moving old stuff out and getting his new stuff in for next year. Just like Barbara Bixby. I love Michael Dawkins line.