Trusted Contributor

I'm shopping for a nice white gold chain for a pendant. The pendant is white gold and diamonds, and while not teeny, it's small related to many fashion pendants I wear. I want a small width chain but want to be sure it "shows."

It's been forever since I bought a chain. I have a ton of yellow gold, and another ton of sterling. I guess I could use a sterling chain on the white gold, but I really want to use a white gold chain.

So....my question is: which style of chain produces the most "sparkle?" I have a nice silver box chain that seems to catch the light. I also have a silver rope chain that glitters a bit. But I just can't recall which styles might give me the most sparkle for my money.

Is there one style over others that is known for being pretty and glittery when worn?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Gold chain style question

Look for a chain that is diamond cut. I think box chains give a lot of sparkle too, and are very strong.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If the pendant is WG, please buy a WG chain. Not silver.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Valued Contributor

Just recently, I have been working with my "chain" inventory again. For sparkle, I love a diamond cut Figaro. Box chains are great for strength and for flash...they remind me of a baguette cut.

Snake chains are my least favorite...not really sure why. Smiley Wink

Your jeweler will be of great assistance to you as well. Take your pendant in with you so you have it there and can try different chains with it. Something will catch your eye! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 11/9/2014 Tique said:

If the pendant is WG, please buy a WG chain. Not silver.

Why? I wear silver chains with WG pendants all the time. I can't tell the difference, and I'm looking closely. Most people aren't going to stare that close (and if they did, that would be creepy).

I have some sterling silver chains that looks like stainless steel, so obviously I wouldn't wear those with white gold. They don't even look right with a lot of sterling pendants. But if a chain is rhodium plated, it's going to be a perfect match for a rhodium plated WG pendant.

Honored Contributor

i would think a rope or snake chain would be great with that pendant. Check out the white gold chains at sarrafdotcom. I love their customer service and quality. And their prices are a lot less per gram than Q.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone for the comments, suggestions and referrals! I do think going with 14K white gold is the way I need to go. I tried the pendant with a sterling chain I already own, but I really want to put gold with gold.

Thanks again!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

I purchased two 22"adjustable chains one yellow one white gold. They are margarita chains so they are sparkle bombs. You can see them here but I think they may only have yellow gold left. Mine is similar to this one.

http://www.qvc.com/14K-Gold-18-Criss-Cross-Solid-Sparkle-Chain-Necklace,-1.7g.product.J288627.html?...