Respected Contributor

QVC, please show a cut cross section of just how much gold vs resin is in these items. I refuse to purchase any of these pieces until I see this. This is done with the bronze jewelry to show that the color is all the way through the piece; please do the same with the gold over resin items.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gold over resin jewelry?

It's a cheap way to avoid using gold. It's nothing more than clad. If it was, they'd be bragging about the grams used to make it. I won't buy it either.

If you want good gold at decent prices check out sarrafdotcom.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info! I never heard of that site.

Respected Contributor

No one else has an opinion on this? Evidently, these items are selling, but I don't understand why.

Trusted Contributor

My opinion is the same as Calmintheheart.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I think they should tell us how many grams of gold are in each piece. I agree, I won't buy gold over resin either.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Yep, cheap way out. I don't get this doublelet thing either. I don't want half a stone with a cheaper stone on top although some are very pretty, jewelry shopping is obviously not what it used to be. I want the real thing.
Super Contributor

I won't purchase either.
Respected Contributor

I have a pair of earrings and I like them because they are really lightweight, but not easily dented. I would not buy anything else made of it other than earrings. I consider it to be gold plated resin and I would like to see a piece cut open too. If I didn't like the earrings, I'd do it myself. Lol.
Super Contributor

I do have a pair of gold clad over silver earrings that I enjoy wearing though..........and a gold clad necklace over a silver chain......but no resin filled pieces..........