Super Contributor

Yo! - 11/8/14 - Miss Judie's in the house!

Good morning and happy Saturday to us all.

Glorious looking day out there, albeit rather cold, and getting colder.

I can't believe I missed yesterday's show, both in real time and via the DVR. Real time was spent with DTGD and her daddy. Once they finished dinner I figured that I'd kick back and watch the show. For whatever reason Comcast did not "tape" Miss Judie but did "tape" three other channels later on. I think this may have happened a couple of months ago with we Comcast users. Sigh.

It's been a horrible two weeks, notwithstanding my excellent DTGD.

DS#1 went into the hospital almost two weeks ago, 10/27, and is still there. We anticipate he being released soon. He had the dislocated hip replaced, but not until almost a full five days of being hospitalized. Since this was his second hip to become dislocated, out of three sets of artificial hips he has had, the surgeon was very concerned as to why it was dislocating. He also had an infection somewhere and they were concerned over the cause, afraid that the hip was causing it. At one point after the replacement surgery it was thought that another surgery would have to occur immediately, along with six weeks of IV antibiotics. After many consultations it was decided the additional surgery would be unnecessary. He had another surgical procedure, unrelated to his hips, during this second week. We were hoping he'd go directly to rehab, but the bean counters have nixed that. Quite frankly, I don't know what today will bring. It has been awful.

Today is double hair day, with a very late start at 12:30pm and not finishing until almost four. I know there's a show today but have no idea of the time. I hope I'm here to chat with everyone, which is almost a mini vacation for me.

Off to begin laundry. Enjoy the show and I hope to be with you then.

Make it a great day!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Yo! - 11/8/14 - Miss Judie's in the house!

good morning Kappy!

not usually here this time of the day, and I should be starting my laundry too ... the furthest I got was taking the sheets off my bed! I did get DB's new jacket this morning on AM Style.

Saw pics of JR's new ceramic watch - I think I'm going to order the black one. I love it. Will be a belated birthday gift to me. I was holding out for her TSV next month but the teachers at school very generously gave me $$$ for my birthday, so the watch will be from them!

Sending prayers for your son.

Enjoy your new 'do!

roe

Occasional Contributor

Good morning, Kappy! Sending prayers for your son and for you. I cannot imagine how difficult it has been, but praying it gets better...soon - and keeps on getting better!! I'm loving the Verona pieces - though I can't decide on a color! And, the black ceramic watch is gorgeous. I hope to be here for the show, if my toddler can be preoccupied Smiley Wink Hugs, Rebecca
Esteemed Contributor

Oh my Kaplan, you sure have your hands full. Hoping things ease up for the better for your son and you. Judith's next show today starts at 4:00 today. The second green goddess ring went down to. 98 dollars! Got that beauty and got the new synthetic green quartz ring. Omgosh, what a sparkler that one is. Hope to see ya at 4:00. You deserve a break.
Contributor

oh no...so sorry to hear about ds#1-if we could only have the power as moms to make things happen the way we wanted them to happen....oh, that is just crazy talk..i know....but if the kids arent doing well, the mom isnt doing well. wishes for good health coming your way

Honored Contributor

Oh lordy Kap.....how stressful! My DS got out of the hospital a little over a week ago and I was a wreck.....still wonky.....take care of yourself......Ripka therapy is good!
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G