Respected Contributor

camera shots on earrings - a request for QVC

i have noticed that the cameras don't come in on models'/hosts' ears to show close ups any more. i am an earring nut - but do like to see how it sits on the ear, how it looks with those who have droopy holes and what the size perspective is. QVC if you're not going to do the close ups, please give us a still shot on web site of a mannequin head with earring on like other shopping sites. i have not invested many times because i don't get this info.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: camera shots on earrings - a request for QVC

the camera shots stink on just about everything they sell...other then the shoes...then we get a close up!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe they are afraid we will see some facelift scars!!

Honored Contributor

I'm not anxious to see droopy holes.

Super Contributor

On 11/7/2014 ValuSkr said:

I'm not anxious to see droopy holes.

I don't think they'd use models with droopy holes. But since they never show close-ups of earrings on models' ears any more, I can't say for certain. They might as well use models who don't have ears at all, for all the camera shots we don't get.

Respected Contributor

well, i didn't mean the model had to have droopy ear holes - ha! it would be nice to see however if the earring covers the piercing or not. clover, you cracked me up. you're right - who knows if they even have ears!!!!

Regular Contributor

I noticed that too mstraditional. I like a close up shot to see how they look.
Honored Contributor

My pet peeve - models that hold the earring UP on their ear by placing their finger behind their ear.

That alone turns me off the earring - it's obviously too heavy and droopy to look good without support from the back!

Honored Contributor

I prayed for high definition and now I say, "what for?". Since HD started at QVC, there are so few close ups or even mid-range shots that I cant't see the products, anyway. I have only seen the faces of hosts a few times. The jewelry shots on models are much too far away. Getting to see the back of garments is another problem. Maybe there would be fewer returns, if we could really see what we are buying in the first place.

Honored Contributor

On 11/8/2014 Mindy D said:

I prayed for high definition and now I say, "what for?". Since HD started at QVC, there are so few close ups or even mid-range shots that I cant't see the products, anyway. I have only seen the faces of hosts a few times. The jewelry shots on models are much too far away. Getting to see the back of garments is another problem. Maybe there would be fewer returns, if we could really see what we are buying in the first place.

I'm confused by your comment ...... why did you "pray" for high definition? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}