Regular Contributor

6 QUICK, TO-THE-POINT REVIEWS

I am also posting these under "Oct. Reviews":

BT key enhancer (J337675): Big key w/ lots of piercing. Very pretty. The BT is a vibrant Swiss BT, not at all washed out. It looks nice worn on a lower necklace w/ a shorter necklace & a smaller enhancer above, as in the interchangeable pearl/chain combo system.

Fire Opal Cuff (J295207): This one would have been a total winner for me, & should have been a total winner given the price. The fire opal stones are absolutely brilliant, fiery red orange, & well matched. The cuff has substantial silver presence & is nice & weighty. The problem was that it arrived w/ a missing DMQ stone. The stone was not even in the bag. Of course I couldn't exchange it because it was a "small" & this is the size QVC seems to run out of first. (Do they order only 10 of them???) I didn't want to send it back & get on waitlist because often the waitlisted item does not materialize. So I called CS & explained & they said they would repair it (lifetime guarantee on DMQ) & that they would send me the proper paper work to fill out. Having done this before, I asked if QVC would pay for the shipping which I knew would be huge because they require insurance & insurance on $1800 is NOT cheap. The rep said they would pay up to $20. When I got to the P.O., the bill for shipping the cheapest possible way w/ tracking & insurance came to $28.74. I was furious & called CS back in a rage & finally got them to credit me the entire price of shipping + insurance. I asked them about their quality control & they said that the items are prepackaged & therefore are not examined by anyone before shipping. Not impressed at all at the way QVC handled this one, because I did not LOSE a stone. It came this way right out of the box, & for $1800 I should have gotten a cuff w/ all the stones intact. If it gets fixed, I will love it though!

Rhodolite & DMQ cuff (J296240): Of all the items, I thought this one was the most overpriced because the cuff is very thin & very lightweight. I am keeping it, though, because I have 3 other very thin rhodolite cuffs & bracelets that look terrific all worn together. The stones in this cuff are vibrant & well matched & it is a very pretty piece - except it is priced really high. I feel sure this is one piece that will see a price reduction.

Magnetic BT enhancer (J318684): Love it!! Gorgeous sky blue stone that is very saturated. Piercing is beautiful. It looks great on the old JR magnetic pearl necklace because I have the mabe pearl & BT cuff to go w/ it. Also looks nice on the old navy blue magnetic cord. Wish I had this piece in ALL of the gemstones!

Black spinel & DMQ cuff (J296392): Gorgeous! A little less chunky than QVC makes it look in the picture, but it has substantial silver presence for its size & seems to be nicely made. The best part is the little white DMQ hearts on the borders of the cuff because of the acute contrast w/ the black spinel. This cuff looks great w/ BO bracelets. I liked the design of this one much better than the black spinel ID style cuff because the little hearts make it so different & original. Just love this one!!!

BT & pearl drop earrings (J337481): Gorgeous! Just the right size. The BT, while being sky blue, is not at all washed out, but rather very vibrant & saturated. The pearls are beautiful. These earrings are just like the pearl & lapis earrings Judith made about a year ago. They look great w/ the mabe pearl & BT cuff & w/ the magnetic BT enhancer on the magnetic pearl necklace.

Super Contributor

Re: 6 QUICK, TO-THE-POINT REVIEWS

Congrats on your haul Glitter Puss. Sorry to hear about your Fire Opal cuff not having all its stones when you opened it. That is terrible, especially since you paid a premium for it.

Have a question for you on your Black spinel cuff. I see you buy smalls, so do I. I received mine the other day and found it had a really tiny opening for my wrist. I've never had a problem with her small cuffs before but this one the kickstand seems to be about 1/4" shorter than most of my other smalls - therefore a much shorter opening. The reason for that might be we are getting more stone presence wrapping down the sides, rather than just directly on the top of the cuff?? It fits just fine once it is on. Just wondered if you your one is the same? I think it is a much more unusual design than the I.D cuff and has a lot of presence even though it is still a narrow cuff. Definitely shows up.

Regular Contributor

Kiwi - I checked my cuff & you are absolutely right. The cuff is just as small as my other small cuffs, but the hinge is much farther down towards the opening of the cuff than any of the other small cuffs I have. This makes the total opening of the cuff when the hinge is open a whole lot smaller than usual & you have to carefully slide the cuff onto the side of your wrist & then straighten it out. Yes, once it's on, it fits just like the other cuffs, but you have to be extra careful putting it on. I agree w/ you that the placement of the gems had something to do w/ this. Not a big deal for me, though. Just a very minor inconvenience.

Super Contributor

Thanks for checking Glitter Puss. Glad you like it. Nice to hear some positive reviews - or any reviews as they seem to be really few & far between these days. Not the excitement of past years on the forum.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the reviews! It sounds like you picked some beautiful things. You have turned me onto the bt pearl earrings.......... If they are the same as the lapis version then they have got to be stunning. Hmmmmmmmmmm.............. Thanks a lot - lol!

I have seen your spinel cuff on someone and it is really different and really nice. It's a great piece to throw into the mix and very unique.

Enjoy them all!