Respected Contributor

Special Jewelry polishing cloth

I had a jeweler's polishing cloth that a relative in the jewelry business gave me for my thirtieth birthday. It had two sides: one for silver, one for gold. I think there was some kind on chemical on it because he told me to keep it away from my personal items. He said it would last me a lifetime. Of course, he didn't realize how often I misplace things. I've had it forty years and it still works beautifully. BUT I CAN'T FIND IT! That will teach me to reorganize things.

Eventually it will turn up but if I can find another one it would help my stress level. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can find it?

Respected Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Special Jewelry polishing cloth

Walmart sells polishing cloths in their jewlery dept.
Honored Contributor

The cloths Walmart sell aren't nearly as good as Sunshine Cloths. I don't think they make the gold/silver cloths anymore.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 10/29/2014 spud188 said: Walmart sells polishing cloths in their jewlery dept.

My local Walmart doesn't have a jewelry dept {#emotions_dlg.crying} They have a sign saying you can look up things on their website and order them for in-store pickup, but they don't actually stock jewelry (or related accessories like cleaning cloths).

I tried my Target too, and they only have disposable wipes for sterling, not the cloths.

I looked on Amazon for the branded cloths, and saw an off-putting number of reviews that said what they received was not the name brand they ordered, but some knock-off.

I gave up and just got the disposables from Target.

Honored Contributor

Belks Fine Jewelry sells them. They have a seperate one for silver and gold. They come one to a blue box and they're $6.99. You can google a Belk and ask them to mail you a few because they aren't on their .com.

Honored Contributor

I think I order a dozen Sunshine Cloths from a seller in China on eBay. Here you go on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Helby-PC1-Sunshine-Polishing-Cloth/dp/B005JFVFPA/ref=sr_1_2?s=arts-crafts&ie=U...

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sunshine jewelry cloths are made for gold, silver, brass and many other surfaces. There isn't a separate side for each though. They're great for cleaning jewelry. You can order them from Amazon or Ebay.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Thanks. I hope I find mine. There is a gold smith in the neighborhood. I think I'll ask him.

Honored Contributor

Avon still sells polishing cloths, but you have to ask your rep about them. It's been a long time since I saw them pictured in an Avon book.