Super Contributor

Yo! - 10/26/14 - Erie Canal open to traffic, 1825

Good late afternoon and happy Sunday to us all.

Glorious autumn day in these parts, but rather windy. But when I think of what happened almost two years ago with Sandy, I'm happy.

I received lots of beautiful treasures from the last show, however all are not staying here. I wish I had the time for reviews, but perhaps this week will find some white space for me, although probably not.

DS#1 fell on Friday and he and DH feel he has dislocated his third artificial hip. He did this two years ago so he knows what it feels like. To add to his misery, the other hip he says feels loose too. The only solution last time was surgery/replacement. DH has been his 24 hour care giver since Friday. DS has refused to go to the ER, instead waiting for his surgeon to get into the office on Monday. If both hips are replaced it will be DS's forth and third artificial hips since 2009. Today is his birthday with certainly nothing to celebrate.

DTGD will be here for dinner in a couple of hours. I've arranged for she and her daddy to go to a few neighbor's homes for Trick or Treating as he will not have custody of her on Halloween. She will be Elsa from FROZEN and I bought her the dress they sell on the Q which lights up and plays part of the song. She hates candy, so this should be interesting.

Must get some things together for DS#1.

Make it a great week!

Super Contributor

Re: Yo! - 10/26/14 - Erie Canal open to traffic, 1825

Hi Kaplan, very sorry to hear about your DS#1 falling and injuring his hip and again being in so much pain. I hope you will enjoy spending time with your DTGD today. My thoughts are with you and your family. donna

Respected Contributor

Oh, Kappy. I am so sorry to hear about your dear son and his problems and pain after falling. I hope his fall doesn't necessitate further surgery. I will keep your son in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

They have just about finished the replica at the terminus of the Erie Canal in Buffalo.

When David did his show here in May, he was next to Canalside.

Frequent Contributor

Oh, Kap, so, so sorry to read about DS#1's troubles. There just does not seem to be an end to them. Prayers and fingers crossed on his progress.

Saw pics of DTGD and her Dad. Such a beautiful little family. Funny how she hates candy? Lets hope she keeps that up, her dentist might not be happy, but, her Daddy will be.

Super Contributor

Are you aware that this is the jewelry forum?

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the Erie Canal reminder, even in the jewelry forum. Towns along the Erie Canal in Upstate and Western NY are experiencing welcome growth thanks to Canal-related tourism.