Super Contributor

Pave black spinel & diamonique cuff

Did anyone receive J296392 -http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-Sterling-Pave-Black-Spinel-&-Diamonique-Hinged-Cuff.product.J296392....

2 sizes are on waitlist so they must've sold a number of them. Anybody who received theirs want to give a review? There is one review online but not very positive???

Super Contributor

Re: Pave black spinel & diamonique cuff

I would not let the negative deter you...it looks like a beautiful piece.

Super Contributor

Thanks Smarty. I'm still considering. Doesn't seem like many people are reviewing these days. Maybe not so many people are buying? I miss the old days when the Forum was a lot of fun and everyone was talking up a storm.

Trusted Contributor

Hi kiwi55, I just saw the DVR'ed JR shows from last time and this cuff looks very pretty. Like smarty said don't let the negative review influence your decision. I miss the old days too, it was fun reading about everyone's buys. The discussions were so full of energy and Ripka love. My guess is a lot of people stopped posting due to all the negativity that seems to have cropped up in the forum. Just my humble opinion.
Super Contributor

Thanks Anisha. I would have to agree with you. It's a shame - the Ripka forum was immune to the ""negative"" comments for a long time but it has taken its toll in the last few years. Always look forward to hearing your reviews.

Super Contributor

It bothers me as well. Thank goodness there are enough of us left on here to chat during the shows. It's a matter of principle to me. I know there is another place to participate, but this was our place and I'm not being pushed off the reservation.

That is why I post pics and reviews. I try to liven things up a little on here and stay focused on the jewelry, not on the negativity.

Super Contributor

Good for you BGDC. We appreciate your efforts, along with those others who regularly post reviews and pictures. Keep up the good work.

Super Contributor

two thumbs up from me!

Occasional Contributor

anisha, you are right about all the negativity...it is so sad that those people can control this forum, but for me they do. I always read the posts but didn't participate much. I'm a huge Judith Ripka fan and enjoyed reading the other posts from JR fans, like yourself. I just came back to look at the forum because of the new pieces that are being offered and wanted to see the conversations about them. Unfortunately the very first one I looked at had a very rude comment from terrie3. I commented back, which I never do, because I just couldn't ignore the rudeness any longer. I should have known better....so I agree that the rudeness is keeping people away.

Super Contributor

Received the black spinel cuff today. It is a small cuff but I think because of the design it does make a black/white statement. The stones are very tiny so I would say it is micro pave. The cuff itself is only l/4" but this is the first small that even I had problems getting on. The kickstand on this one is at least 1/4" shorter than most my others so therefore the opening is much smaller in width to get your hand through. It is fine when it's on but it's a bit of a squeeze to get there. I didn't think it had a lot of sparkle in daylight but under fluorescent or incandescent it sparkles much more. I, personally don't think it is worth $400 compared to many of the other cuffs such as the green goddess that I have that wasn't much more?? Maybe it will go on clearance soon?