Contributor

How To Brighten Up My Ripka Silver Pieces

I have many silver Judith Ripka pieces that I love. I keep them in a Silver Safe Keeper jewelry box and they don't tarnish, but some pieces seem to have dulled. I usually clean them with a soft cloth after wearing, and I'm very careful to avoid hairspray or lotions coating them. Does anyone have any advice on how to brighten them? I have tried silver jewelry polish, but they still seem a dull grey. I know they're supposed to resemble platinum and not super shiny silver, but they've lost their oomph! Thanks in advance for advice, and pardon the lack of paragraphs due to iPad!
Occasional Contributor

Re: How To Brighten Up My Ripka Silver Pieces

Petals, I have had very good results with a product called Sparkle Sparkle. I believe it is sold on the southern channel. It seems to be gentle and removes tarnish, oils and "dirtiness" from old jewelry well. HTH Marilyn

Contributor

On 10/10/2014 HumaneSocGal said:

Petals, I have had very good results with a product called Sparkle Sparkle. I believe it is sold on the southern channel. It seems to be gentle and removes tarnish, oils and "dirtiness" from old jewelry well. HTH Marilyn

Thank you so much, Marilyn, I'll give it a try!
Respected Contributor

I use Sparkle Sparkle, too, and it is very good.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/10/2014 Sheesh said:

I use Sparkle Sparkle, too, and it is very good.

I second that! I love sparkle sparkle. I'm on my third order of it. It's the only brand I purchase to clean jewelry. it cleans in seconds. love the stuff.

Contributor

Thank you both, Sheesh and Bling Queen! That's three votes for Sparkle Sparkle, and I just ordered it! My lovely Judth Ripka jewelry will be sparkling again!