Contributor

I ordered an on line only ring on creede day, was sent the wrong ring.(first time this has happened) Ring is no longer available. Was sent by UPS,the q return label says return your way-pay up front what does the pay up front mean? If Q made the mistake I should not have to pay for it. Also can I just put it in mailbox with return label and have mail carrier pick it up? thanks

Respected Contributor

"Return Your Way" means you pay for the postage. The other option is the return label. If the mistake was the fault of QVC, then they will not deduct the cost if you use their shipping label. I would call first though so it's noted on your account; that will save any confusion, time, or hassle.

Respected Contributor

Also can I just put it in mailbox with return label and have mail carrier pick it up? thanks

Yes, you can, but again I suggest you call CS letting them know of the error. You can also explain the return on the invoice you send with the package. I always write "please refund S&H" and give the reason for the return.

Esteemed Contributor

Leaving it in a mailbox would concern me. How would you ever provide proof that you did so? I use the Q return labels frequently, but always take it to my post office and get a receipt showing that I dropped it off. Just a suggestion. I hope you get the ring you originally wanted.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Contributor

Thank You for your replies.

Honored Contributor
On 10/8/2014 twopeas said:

Leaving it in a mailbox would concern me. How would you ever provide proof that you did so? I use the Q return labels frequently, but always take it to my post office and get a receipt showing that I dropped it off. Just a suggestion. I hope you get the ring you originally wanted.

I strongly concur. I would NOT just leave it in the mailbox OR just put it in a mail bin.

Especially if it is an expensive item. Without that receipt, you can not prove you returned it.

It happened to me once...returned defective item w/ Q label and didn't want to wait for a receipt. Low and behold it disappeared. Had to jump through hoops and many phone calls to get my refund. Won't ever do that again.

Please be SURE to watch your refund though. Returns dept. has a nasty habit of deducting the return fee even though it is CLEARLY marked wrong item/defect/damaged and a note NOT to do so written on return slip.

I never use the prepaid label unless I expect them to pay returning shipping for the above reasons.

I have had return shipping deducted even when I DIDN'T use the label! I don't even use their pre-printed 'Pay Your Way' label for fear the returns person will mistake it for the paid label. I always use a big black marker and hand write the address! I would then call C/S still holding the prepaid label still in my hand and ask why my refund was $6.95 less! They always give me back my money, but I shouldn't have to SCOUR my bill for mistakes!

Sad to say this happens to me all the time. You have to watch them!