Occasional Contributor

Jacqueline Kennedy Jewelry and Kirks Folly

It is sad to see that both the Jacqueline Kennedy Jewelry line and now Kirks Folly, two shows cancelled by QVC this past year, have resulted in both shutting down their companies. I have purchased many dollars' worth of jewelry from both companies, and I think I am not the only one. We have seen two quality companies taken off QVC. It is very sad for this to happen. I haven't bought much from QVC since then, just a couple of things. Seems the trend is for more "stuff" for more sales.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jacqueline Kennedy Jewelry and Kirks Folly

I liked the Jackie Kennedy line (Camrose & Kross.) I only bought one piece--a set of simulated ruby and emerald carved beads in a necklace that came with earring. I wear it during Christmas every yea--have had it a long time. Sad it is gone and though I never bought KF, I liked the workmanship on their designs.

Super Contributor

On 10/7/2014 Lilarose in Oregon said:

It is sad to see that both the Jacqueline Kennedy Jewelry line and now Kirks Folly, two shows cancelled by QVC this past year, have resulted in both shutting down their companies. I have purchased many dollars' worth of jewelry from both companies, and I think I am not the only one. We have seen two quality companies taken off QVC. It is very sad for this to happen. I haven't bought much from QVC since then, just a couple of things. Seems the trend is for more "stuff" for more sales.

Maybe if they were called "Fully Captain Kirk" and "Just Jack Kennedy", they would have remained? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Trusted Contributor

On 10/7/2014 ical said:
On 10/7/2014 Lilarose in Oregon said:

Maybe if they were called "Fully Captain Kirk" and "Just Jack Kennedy", they would have remained? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

LOL! {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Contributor

Yes, I am verry ad about Kirks Folly. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. Will never buy a single solitary thing from them again. And I know that hate is a strong word, but I hate Mike George.

Honored Contributor

I own several pieces of JK jewelery and was very sad to see it will no longer be here. Listening to the stories was the icing on the cake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

Why are you assuming QVC cancelled them ? Don't you know that contracts expire?

I think it strange that you believe that QVC would be powerful enough to close either of these, especially the Kennedy foundation.

As far as Kirk's Folly, part of their market is continuing, but the family is in agreement that because of their collective age that they want to retire. Don't think QVC has a thing to do with that. They've been in business since the early 70's where they made their big money back when they were in Macy's and other top drawer department stores.

Consider their age, it's time for them as a family to stop work and enjoy retirement. Some of them are in their 80's.

Lol, you think QVC has that much power ! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

I didn't think either line was "canceled" by QVC. It was my understanding, for the Jackie Kennedy line, that it was the company that made it that decided to stop. Mostly because the company that manufactured the glass pearls closed down due to the workers all being old, and they couldn't get anything else of that quality.

Kirk's Folly...I thought the owners wanted to retire?

Super Contributor

Thank you vermint! My point, exactly !!!! Some people just go off without any facts !!

Super Contributor

Cameron & Kross will be at The other network. I bought direct from them . They offered some items not shown here on Q- I do not think Carolyn give or would agree to the rights of some periods of Jackies.

As for Kirks F I watched a few shows and yes it is sad when a fav wants to retire.