Valued Contributor

Looking at the current jewelry for the Creede show.... Bracelet J31789, Taxco did that bracelet in the early late eighty or early nineties. I have have it. Only a two to three pieces stand apart. The rest is thin bracelets and chains. Where is the imagination?

Respected Contributor

J31789 is a ring

Valued Contributor

OOPS! J317189

Frequent Contributor

It seems lately everything on QVC that is old is new again. Well so they would like you to think. I just don't get excited over these special shows anymore and to be honest I avoid them completely.

Honored Contributor

Just three days ago, I walked into a local jewelry store wearing a pair of silver earrings that are 50 years old at least. Imagine my surprise when right there on the twirling display was a pair of gold earrings nearly identical. 14K/ $198.00.

While I looked at other pretties, the clerk cleaned my sterling dangles. "New" earrings/free!

Respected Contributor

I haven't even looked at the preview, but I'm not surprised to hear that there isn't much "new" to look at for the show. QVC seems to have a very limited imagination these days for design of their jewelry. I bought some really pretty and very unique pieces from the BBSD and Creede shows and from the Silver Style shows. Then Q started putting more emphasis on "designer" jewelry and increased the prices, too, to go along with it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the designer jewelry, too, but it was fun to be able to buy interesting and unique looks for a good price.

It is always fun to watch the jewelry shows even if I'm not buying - way more fun IMO than looking at another day of Dyson's (which is what we have today - 9/30).

Valued Contributor

As I stated above,I have the original bracelet from Taxco,it had a large toggle clasp, I change it to a large lobster clasp. Magnetic clasp do fall off,unless you are sitting at a desk or less active these bracelets will fall off. I lost one magnetic bracelet and almost loss another.Magnetic clasp in my opinion is good for necklaces only.