Respected Contributor

Bronzo must sell up a storm!

Or they would never have a full day of it! I only have one item, a chunky pearl charm bracelet in the Rose bronze. It's very pretty, I get a lot of compliments and it has not turned color.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bronzo must sell up a storm!

Bronzo is the price that sterling used to be and sterling is the price that gold used to be.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching off and on all day....they have shown some real pretty pieces...I don't own any Bronzo....but its selling...and they have had many customer calls saying they own the Bronzo and they love it...so it can't be all bad...

Contributor

I have one of the gill bronze bracelets - J317246. I love it - even if it's not real gold - probably couldn't afford it if it was.

Valued Contributor

I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that people are buying what is essentially tin and paying such high prices for it - yikes! Every time I hear the salespitch I think of a tunafish or pork and beans can, lol! But you are right, it must sell like crazy. I really don't understand. To me, it's a joke. Oops, just googled and found out it's copper and tin. Makes no difference. It really disgusts me that they sell costume jewelry for the prices I have seen.
Super Contributor

Bronze is 90% copper, only 10% tin. It may not be one of the "noble metals" but it certainly is a historic metal, since it has been used for jewelry since 4000 BC. I certainly can't afford a bold design in gold and probably not in silver, so I would rather have it in a solid, lifetime metal over the pot metal (the slag or waste from the manufacturing of iron) and plastic in costume jewelry.

Valued Contributor

I heard David going on about how blown away he was they could give is a real metal band on a watch instead of a leather band. Wouldn't a leather band cost more than a bronze watch strap?
Super Contributor

Hasn't the Bronzo mine closed yet? ""Last pieces from the vault. Get 'em while you can!""

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 rudy said:

Hasn't the Bronzo mine closed yet? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} "Last pieces from the vault. Get 'em while you can!"

Another mine closing... Whatever will the Q turn to next, recycled aluminum foil?

Wink

Bronzo's all right, it's just that this has become way to big a part of QVC's current excuse for jewelry. There's absolutely no cost prohibitive reason they can't offer more silver and more gemstones. My bet's on the fact that this creates a better profit margin for them. Some of these prices are ludicrous for the materials used.

And really, we're not idiots. Quit trying to convince us this is 'fine' jewelry.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 stevieb said:
On 9/25/2014 rudy said:

Hasn't the Bronzo mine closed yet? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} "Last pieces from the vault. Get 'em while you can!"

Another mine closing... Whatever will the Q turn to next, recycled aluminum foil?

Wink

Bronzo's all right, it's just that this has become way to big a part of QVC's current excuse for jewelry. There's absolutely no cost prohibitive reason they can't offer more silver and more gemstones. My bet's on the fact that this creates a better profit margin for them. Some of these prices are ludicrous for the materials used.

And really, we're not idiots. Quit trying to convince us this is 'fine' jewelry.

Bingo!