Honored Contributor

I simply have to recommend this channel.

My first jewelry love is gemstones. I have stumbled upon Rocks TV out of England, channel 80 on DirecTV. They have pretty good quality gemstones in simple set sterling for $29.00-$49.99 or so. The same stones in 10K run $129.00 to $199.00. The owner, a rumpled guy named Steve Bennett, often sells in the daytime, which would be evening in England. You should have some minimal knowledge of stones to order, but their stuff is returnable and you aren't taking much of a chance. The downside of this channel is they don't have their technical problems smoothed out yet. I can't get through on auto order, but talking to an operator is quick and easy. Once you set up your account all you need to memorize is your last four digits on your card to confirm. Online ordering has been a failure for me so far. At night they have a series of somewhat unusual personalities selling. You have to get the hang of their falling price auctions, but once you do you can score some pretty decent stuff at wholesale prices.

Super Contributor

Re: I simply have to recommend this channel.

I know people who shop there, and they do get some really good things at good prices.

But I personally boycott them--they are so misleading with their over-the-top high 'starting' prices just to get people to jump when they get to the reasonable ones. High pressure sales at it's worst.

Honored Contributor

Re: I simply have to recommend this channel.

I ignore those prices. I ignore all retail prices listed by any network. Liquidation Channel is another offender in this practice. So is HSN, just not so blatant.