Trusted Contributor

Joan's Jewelry is Skyrocketing on eBay

What a tribute to Joan! She was such a classically stylish and intelligent woman who shared her "smarts" with us, her QVC family. I would love David & the design team to design a "Joan-approved" jewelry box just for her items. I have so many pieces that need a dedicated "home" now that Joan has left us. I loved her gilt framed shadow box that she sold back in the day. I would snap up another one, if presented, to display my bees on the dresser.

Joan would be so thrilled that people are honoring her designs/reproductions even to the tune of $300+ for a Winner Bee. She maintained strict quality control and would not put her name on a substandard piece of jewelry. We will not see another Joan, of course, but we will always appreciate her positivity, strength and joie de vivre when wearing the jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Re: Joan's Jewelry is Skyrocketing on eBay

During one of her shows here, while trying to sell something, she said, "after I die, it will be worth much more, sell it on ebay."

Esteemed Contributor

People are selling Joan's jewelry on Ebay. Some are listed higher than can be presently bought by going to QVC ( a few of the newer bees). Other items are being bid up. I am tempted to sell some of mine but I still wear them. So I guess I will hold off.

Regular Contributor

I originally started out by just wanting A bee pin. All the Q pins were sold-out or on waitlist. So, I went over to Ebay and bought 2. I paid very fair prices. All of the many different styles caught my eye and I started visiting Ebay with regularity. Everyday that passed after Joan did, the prices went higher. I confess, it became an evening entertainment just to check on things. I have been stunned at some of the prices. I keep expecting the fad to fade, but there seems to be no limit on what people will pay for certain pieces.

It's fascinating and a fitting tribute to Joan!

Trusted Contributor

Only a few pieces, particularly bees, are skyrocketing. Most of Joan's items are much cheaper on Ebay than they were on QVC.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Regular Contributor

ITA..Most of her "ordinary" jewelry can still be had for good prices. BUT, the trinket boxes, the Imperial Egg thingys and just about anything with a bee on it is nearly out of sight. A few days ago, I saw a particular multi-bee pin that sold for $350. However, the winner and still champion that I have witnessed, was a picture frame with removable bee pins integrated into the floral design. I watched that auction and it sold for $580!!! Perhaps people are buying some of these pieces for investment. I assume non of these will be made anymore. But, I do have to wonder, how much more than that could it ever be worth?

Fortunately for my wallet, I am a watcher, not a bidder, but it is very interesting.

Respected Contributor

The one piece that I have is the multicolored ladybug bracelet in 14K.

I think later on they made it in all red ladybugs too.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

This is the most outrageous one I've seen.

$1195 or ""best offer""

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joan-Rivers-Queen-Romania-68-Egg-Charm-Necklace-Enamel-Crystal-w-Storage-BO...

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Regular Contributor

OMGeeWhizz.. Adelle!

Well, as someone once said.."Askin' aint gettin"!

I'll put that one on my watch list..love to see how that turns out!

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 adelle38 said:

This is the most outrageous one I've seen.

$1195 or "best offer"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joan-Rivers-Queen-Romania-68-Egg-Charm-Necklace-Enamel-Crystal-w-Storage-BO...

Wow, that is ridiculous!!!