Valued Contributor

Does anyone own the 3/4" flower filigree cuff?

It looked so pretty and lacy and the price was very good on Ebay so I bought it. I didn't realize the amount of Diamonique on it though until after. My wrist is going to be lit up like a disco ball...LOL! I'm go by JR's say so that you can wear this with jeans or an evening gown - umm - never wear those :-(. Does anyone have this cuff? Do you wear it in the daytime? I guess you can dress it down with a more casual bracelet next to it.

I'm a new JR wearer but I'm soon to be Diamoniqued out! It's too much if you wear several of those pieces at once I feel. Going to start looking for pieces with larger colored stones and less or no Diamonique. Too much of a good thing can sometimes be - er - too much!

Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone own the 3/4"" flower filigree cuff?

This is the one I mean. Does anyone have it?

Cuff

Super Contributor

Hi Blondelle, I have had the cuff for years but have to admit I have hardly worn it. It is a very pretty cuff but it was made before Judith started with her small cuffs and it really is bigger than I like to wear. If it was a small I'm sure I would wear it more. The only thing I don't like about the cuff is that the silver on mine, where there isn't diamonique looks very dark and dull - can't polish it up either, I guess because of the rhodium plating? Try layering it up with more simple Judith link bracelet like J290805 Verona Bold Rolo link $85. I have this in the rose clad and I think it would work well with that cuff in the silver - it isn't a heavy weight cuff but it does give the look of a more substantial bracelet which I think that cuff would need. HTH

http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-7-14-Sterling-Verona-Bold-Rolo-Link-13.3g-Bracelet.product.J290805.h...

Valued Contributor

On 9/18/2014 kiwi55 said:

Hi Blondelle, I have had the cuff for years but have to admit I have hardly worn it. It is a very pretty cuff but it was made before Judith started with her small cuffs and it really is bigger than I like to wear. If it was a small I'm sure I would wear it more. The only thing I don't like about the cuff is that the silver on mine, where there isn't diamonique looks very dark and dull - can't polish it up either, I guess because of the rhodium plating? Try layering it up with more simple Judith link bracelet like J290805 Verona Bold Rolo link $85. I have this in the rose clad and I think it would work well with that cuff in the silver - it isn't a heavy weight cuff but it does give the look of a more substantial bracelet which I think that cuff would need. HTH

http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-7-14-Sterling-Verona-Bold-Rolo-Link-13.3g-Bracelet.product.J290805.h...

Thanks for the link! I was thinking of pairing it with black leather...LOL! I know those large rhinestone necklaces are in now with denim. You can have the piece replated if you don't like the way it looks. Actually I was surprised to read that it's recommended that you redo the rhodium plating on white gold every few years so why not the bracelet? Wouldn't be that much. Maybe even black rhodium would be nice and more edgy. THAT should be gorgeous with black leather :-). I used to design jewelry and did a lot of plating. I would bring the pieces into a small place and then just pick them up in NYC. The new ion plating seems more permanent. I might consider redoing a piece or two in gold.

Are you saying the 3/4" width is too large or the cuff itself is large? Is it larger than her current average? I didn't realize it only came in one size. I'm new to JR so I didn't know it was an older piece. Could you be kind enough to measure across the inside for me at the widest point. I think her average size is 2.5" across. The seller said it fit up to a 7.5" wrist.

Valued Contributor

Just realized those small CZ flowers are an exact match for those little flower stud earrings she had as a recent TSV. Have those and should be pretty together!

Super Contributor

My cuff is 2 l/4" across the inside width - I may've given it a little gentle squeeze when I got it to make it a little smaller - can't remember. I think it came in average and large. My wrist is only 5 3/4" so that is why I said it just feels too big, after buying her smalls which fit me perfectly. I don't think mine needs replating as it hasn't been worn enough. Some of Judith's things can tend to be a little dull and greyish at times - for me, this was one of those, but you are right those little TSV flower earrings are a perfect match. I will have to try them together. I have some of Judith's wider cuffs and they fit great, so that wasn't what I was meaning.

Frequent Contributor

J34515 last price I have noted is $219, may have been at $199 initially, I did not get because is was not offered in small.

This is the matching TSV necklace J34517 of about $99 last noted price of $119. April 2008.

If memory serves me something like 7000 units were sold within an hour of the showing.

Enjoy

Super Contributor

I have the bangle and I love it! Everybody thinks its an antique. It is not bright like sterling, it looks like platinum. I wear it by itself on my right hand and an antique platinum ring from my great grandmother. It is an awesome bangle. Love the look.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much saidthespidertothefly for the item numbers and thanks kiwi55 and champagnepoodle for the feedback. The reviews on it are mostly good but several have had problems with the finish as kiwi55 mentioned being dark and dull. They also said it didn't sparkle that much which might be a good thing with all those stones. I'm shocked that so many were sold in an hour - WOW! Makes me feel a lot better about it as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, and was doubting my taste. I got it for only $108.50 shipped!

Hope I get one that isn't dull. I've heard other complaints about the plating being dull on other pieces. Unplated sterling has so much more life to it, but then you have the tarnish issue. Wish there was an anti tarnish coating that could be applied that doesn't change the look of the sterling, or a little whiter color of rhodium used. Some of her thinner chains are just so gray and dull against the skin.

Frequent Contributor

You are welcome, but I meant the necklace was the item that sold so many, never the less the cuff was extremely popular and many made more daily use of the cuff over the necklace with the enhancer.

This was at the time when the Ripka board was jumping with all sorts of activity, and JRQ was really taking off. The average amount of items in inventory was maybe at 225.

You are correct about the different colors of the silver items, and the yes it can be a whiter, maybe cleaner rhodium used. Some of the lesser cost of rhodium plated, use nickle in the mix, better plating does not, that is as it was explained to me.

My first 54 inch chain was so dark, then I received the matching 36 inch and it was a good brighter color, so I ordered another 54 and the second was perfect, and returned the first. Another item maybe all will have the darker finish. Lately I find the items to be far whiter and brighter.

If your are not happy perhaps a re-plating of rhodium would do the trick. I am not sure of the cost.