Frequent Contributor

I purchased an "as is" bronzo initial necklace in white bronze. The pendent looks great, but there are multiple black, tarnished areas on the chain. I'm not going to return it because I have lots of silver chains that are a close match. I'm wondering if there are any special cleaning tips for removing tarnish on bronze jewelry? I tried using my silver polishing cloth which helped only slightly. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Respected Contributor

Re: How to clean bronze jewelry

Bronze can be a pain because it quickly tarnishes. I do have a few pieces of Margaret Thurman jewelry with bronze on them that I successfully cleaned with some copper and brass cleaner that I had laying around the house. Like you, I had also tried silver polish to no avail.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I thought the Bronzo pieces would not tarnish. I believe they say that with every presentation. This is very sad for those of you that have purchased this line. Why don't you call QVC and maybe they will exchange the piece for you since they do claim that it will not tarnish.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 qvcfreak said:

I thought the Bronzo pieces would not tarnish. I believe they say that with every presentation. This is very sad for those of you that have purchased this line. Why don't you call QVC and maybe they will exchange the piece for you since they do claim that it will not tarnish.

They have never said that Bronzo WON'T tarnish. They say that it is tarnish RESISTANT.

Super Contributor

Try Brasso ... it's metal cleaner that's widely available.

I have ""vintage"" bronze flatware from Thailand and use Brasso to clean it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/16/2014 turtle52 said:
On 9/16/2014 qvcfreak said:

They have never said that Bronzo WON'T tarnish. They say that it is tarnish RESISTANT.

Thanks for the clarification, I totally misunderstood. While the jewelry is beautiful, seems like a lot of work to clean.

Super Contributor

I bought a bronze pendant (not Bronzo, not from QVC) and it came with a little slip of paper saying to use Mrs Wright's Silver Polish if it tarnishes/gets a patina, and never to use something like Tarnex.

Super Contributor

All my Bronzo pieces have tarnished ...Even the pieces that

I have NEVER worn...

Honored Contributor

In a pinch, if you don't have bronze cleaner yet, try toothpaste. Only takes a tiny amount -- rub it on the jewelry and rinse off. Works beautifully.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone keep these pieces in a tarnish proof jewelry box? Has it helped or not?