Honored Contributor

I stumbled across the website for the 1928 jewelry brand. It appears that many, if not all pieces are made in USA. If you've ever purchased the brand, what do you think? How well does the finish (silvertone, goldtone) hold up with continued wear?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I used to buy these pieces when I was in high school...back in 1972!

I always thought they were well made...I still have some bisque white rose earrings (like studs) that I sometimes wear.

Regular Contributor

I bought some in high school back in the 70s too! And I've purchased some recently and they hold up very well.

Esteemed Contributor

I still have mine from over thirty years ago ... don't wear them now; but they are some of the most well made fashion jewelry I own.

Honored Contributor

Bird,

What piece are you considering? {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Honored Contributor

The Chanel necklace thread in Fashion Talk made me look at this bracelet

Super Contributor

I bought some pieces 10-15 years ago . . they still look very nice!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Hmm, Sweetest Day is coming (I think that's a regional holiday) and I may just treat myself new a new bracelet. If anyone is interested - they have a lock necklace too.

Antiquities Couture Silver-Tone Lock Necklace

Super Contributor

Hi Bird! My pieces from the 1970's have stood the test of time, particularly a marcasite necklace I've somehow managed to hang onto over the years! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I've found some really nice pieces over the years from consignment shops, etc. as well.
Hopefully they haven't changed their manufacturing processes - honestly I wasn't aware they were still producing jewelry. Nice bracelet for the occasion!

Honored Contributor

I also bought pieces back in the 70's. A little later my great aunt, who was born in 1903, gave me some of her costume jewelry from when she was young, in her 20's or 30's. Among that group was a cameo bracelet, very similar to the 1928 one I already had. The funny thing is both are "costume" and now I can't remember which is which.