Super Contributor

Why doesn't QVC offer 1/2 sizes in the rings? Anyone know? There are so many I would just love to buy if they had my size.

Super Contributor

It seems reasonable to me that they wouldn't, because they'd have to hold twice as much inventory, and the other large online home shopping vendors (eg HSN, Overstock, JTV) don't offer half sizes either.

What I find strange, though, is that QVC UK sells Diamonique rings in British sizes, which means the size range is bigger and includes what we would consider half sizes.

If they can do it for the UK market, why not here?

Honored Contributor
Half sizes were offered for a while in at least one of the very popular wedding bands set in 14k.
Respected Contributor

when they first started they did offer 1/2 sizes. I guess they would have to have way too much inventory now with the way they have grown over the years.

Regular Contributor
On 9/12/2014 Clover29 said:

It seems reasonable to me that they wouldn't, because they'd have to hold twice as much inventory, and the other large online home shopping vendors (eg HSN, Overstock, JTV) don't offer half sizes either.

What I find strange, though, is that QVC UK sells Diamonique rings in British sizes, which means the size range is bigger and includes what we would consider half sizes.

If they can do it for the UK market, why not here?

Good question. I also dislike the fact that they rarely offer size 4 rings these days. Oh well that makes my wallet happy.

Super Contributor

JTV has the occasional half size as does Overstock.com.

Super Contributor
On 11/6/2014 TTerri said:

JTV has the occasional half size as does Overstock.com.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but whenever I've seen a ring I like on JTV it always only comes in sizes 7 and 8. I don't know if the smaller sizes sell out faster and they don't stock enough of them, or if they just stock the most popular size(s). I have never seen a half size on JTV myself.

Regular Contributor

Half sizes are rare online IMO. The place to go is Etsy as many of the jewelry vendors there will make rings in specific sizes.

Regular Contributor

On another post someone recommended sarrafdotcom for gold jewelry so I went to take a look at their rings and they sell them (at least the ones I looked at) in sizes ranging from 3 to 16!!! They sell various types of gold (10K, 14K, 18K and white, yellow and rose) plus silver and platinum. I've bookmarked that site because there are several pieces I'd love to buy...some day.

Respected Contributor
New and improved ring guard, or have it sized.