Contributor
Is this the beginning of things to come? Goldtone and simulated jewelry. Thats what is being shown from Antonella's jewelry box
Honored Contributor

Right now gold on the commodity market still sells for 3 to 4 times its price from the early years of QVC and the metal is only one of the costs in the jewelry. I love gold, but I don't want to pay for what I like.

For the most part, I've stopped even looking let alone buying. Didn't even know Antonella's jewel box had gone fashion.

Respected Contributor

I was wondering the same thing. The prices are beyond silly. They look cheap. Did you notice all these vendors either have a ""high end line"" or they are the daughter to someone who owns a high end line and designs for the ""upper class"" and that makes them a designer because they grew up around jewelry. Puhleese.

Honored Contributor
That show was beyond horrid with cheap, junky jewelry and Antonella talking so fast and loud I don't know when she had time to take a breath. She's starting to get on my nerves big time. I turned the whole thing off.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't finish watching it either. The young lady who was selling Kara Ross Designs, that necklace with crystals looked so cheap and it was $100 plus shipping. It was pretty but looked very cheap.

Honored Contributor

I thought the pieces were very nice. The young daughter seemed uneasy, but very nice. I'll have to check out the designer's website.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor
I was not impressed at all. Both the Doris Panos and the Kara Ross jewelry presented looked cheap and way over-priced to me.
Honored Contributor

I think it's all in how QVC presents it. Louis Linea, Susan Graver, and Joan Rivers all have "fashion jewelry" lines with some beautiful pieces and generally modest prices. Those lines are presented as just that, cute, fun, pretty -- not trying to be anything other than what it is. But to bring on other fashion jewelry designers and pass them off as "high end" with huge price tags borders on insulting. I like my few fashion jewelry pieces, but come on...

Super Contributor
I don't buy jewelry here anymore. Thank goodness I don't need anymore. Lol
Super Contributor
I didn't catch the show live yesterday, but perused it online on the way home from work and must agree! I was really surprised to see an hour dedicated to fashion jewelry. I usually like AJB because I enjoy watching her and she often has a piece or two in the show that's worth noting. Not yesterday lol!!