Trusted Contributor

New JR Zodiac Enhancer J296618, beautiful but.....

Hello Ladies, I hope you are all having a good week and enjoying your Ripka goodies as they arrive. I was waiting to receive my Zodiac enhancers ( Capricorn and Taurus , am on advance order for the Leo ) and they came in the mail today. They are beautifully made and weighty with just a touch of diamonique , but they don't fit on the pleather cords . The bail on the enhancer is too small to go over the large lobster claw clasp on the cord necklaces. The enhancer works on a chain or other Ripka necklaces with a smaller lobster claw. I was looking forward to wearing the Zodiac enhancers on the black pleather cord but it is not to be so. I am going to try wearing them with my pearls and I will post back on how that went. Just a heads up for anyone who wanted to get the enhancers to wear on the pleather cords.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New JR Zodiac Enhancer J296618, beautiful but.....

Anisha, I've found this to be true on her smaller enhancers with several of her necklaces ... which can be maddening. That, and I really don't like putting enhancers on the clasp; I worry that they'll pull on it and fall off.

I purchased my own cords (non-Ripka) and use other chains when I want that look. Glad you love the enhancers so far!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, Anisha. I see that as a big flaw as I intended to wear on the lobster claw of the braided pleather necklaces---I thought they'd be perfect together. I just don't understand that design/manufacturing decision.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

Although I was tempted by them, I'm hoping someone will make similar enhancers a bit smaller and without the DMQ. Gold would be nice too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I just watched JR's zodiac presentation on youtube last night and she clearly said they will fit on thin and thick chains. Then she said once or twice that they would also fit on the leather necklaces. I had thought she meant around the leather part itself, but I'm surprised it won't even fit on the clasp which is smaller. From the photo it looks like it's one of those bails that have another piece inside that makes a smaller area for a thin chain. That can be pushed back against the side of the bail. Did you try it with that piece pushed away to make more room?

Super Contributor

Anisha, thanks for your review on the zodiac enhancers. I would have liked to see them on the pleather cords too. But I'm sure you will find a perfect chain for them. They are very pretty enhancers and I hope you wear them in good health. By the way, the blue Monaco arrived and fits well -- so thank you for your input on that. I love it and love the way it sparkles.

Super Contributor

On 9/3/2014 Sheesh said:

Thanks for the heads up, Anisha. I see that as a big flaw as I intended to wear on the lobster claw of the braided pleather necklaces---I thought they'd be perfect together. I just don't understand that design/manufacturing decision.

My exact sentiments. Had I purchased it, and there was a chance that I still would, I would have had in mind to wear it specifically on the cord necklaces. I am sure they look really pretty on a chain, too, but that's a bummer! Thanks for the tip off.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Sammycat, I know what you mean. But I am not giving up yet. I am planning to take the enhancers to my jeweler to see if he can remedy things. I really want to wear these enhancers on the pleather cords. Will post back on how that goes.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Sheesh, I don't understand it either. But I am hoping my jeweler can help with this.
Trusted Contributor

Hi stevieb , the enhancers have very minimal diamonique and it's barely noticeable. I agree a gold clad version would be lovely.