Respected Contributor

Well, there goes another jewelry brand...

No more Black Hills Gold/Silver shows. The Q is dumping all the jewelry shows I used to watch, and sometimes buy from. Their jewelry buyers jumped the shark when they started pushing bronze as if it were fine jewelry, I won't buy it, and I'm nearly done buying any of their jewelry any more. One of the lines I still consider is Black Hills, I really like that it's American made. If the Q is wondering why I'm not giving them as much of my money as I used to all they have to do is look at the jewelry lines they've dumped, the answer is right there.

New Contributor

Re: Well, there goes another jewelry brand...

I'm with you! Getting sick of them taking away my favorite shows and showing the same old see all the time. About ready to quit watching all together.
Super Contributor

You mean this is the last show ever???

Regular Contributor

I, too, am sad that there will no longer be any hourly Black Hills Gold shows. What a shame. I always enjoyed watching the shows. Jim was a great on-air guest.

Trusted Contributor

I'm VERY disappointed! Agree with the previous posters. The jewelry that I receive the most compliments on is my Black Hills. I love my Judith Ripka but no one else seems to! {#emotions_dlg.bored}

What a shame. When I took the Community survey my suggestion was to have more Black Hills shows, That was time wasted....

Candy

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Spunkyspouts said:

You mean this is the last show ever???

Jim said he'll be on w Jane Treacy's this afternoon but then no more special Black Hills hours.Just online & occasional appearances for new pieces, he said watch his Facebook for heads up when he's going to be on air in future. Bummer ):

Honored Contributor

I bet they show up at ShopHQ!

Super Contributor

I actually noticed that Black Hills style jewelry is at JTV now. I'm not sure if it's the same gentleman from QVC that is associated with JTV but they never had Black Hills-style jewelry before and now they do. I do not know if it'll be on air soon but I do see some items on the website. And today is $2.99 shipping on all items. I did notice that the items are in 10K and 12K. Is that the norm?

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Contributor

Since I was sound asleep when BHG aired this morning - as is usual, {#emotions_dlg.angry} I missed this unfortunate news. So this will be the straw that breaks the camels back. The Q will lose me as a customer with the very rare exception of some Denim & Co. Too many of my favorite lines - Taxco Traditions, jewelry from Bali with Suarte, the traditional southwestern jewelry designers and lines, Beverly Hills, as well as makeup like Mojave Magic, Smashbox, and others - all gone, I have no interest in what is offered anymore.

Carolyn Pollack designs are way too ornate for me and the rings are all so chunky I cannot wear them and do not care for them. I have small hands and shorter fingers, those "honkers" as Kathy Levine used to call them do not look good and are not comfortable for me.

The new directions QVC has chosen the past 5 or more years do not work for me. I loved the craft shows (being an avid crafter), Made in America baskets, even the Christmas shows hold less and less products I am interested in.

So long Q, my money will be spent elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Hate to say this, but I bet it's people like me who are leading to these changes. I can't remember the last time I bought Black Hills but certainly more than a decade ago. I know I watched occasionally after that, but it's been at least 4 or 5 years since I watched more than a few minutes of a show.