Super Contributor

RIPKANISTAS, Which Do You Prefer?… Need Your HELP!!

So I'm not one who owns a ton of Ripka. Only have a few select pieces. I'm kinda picky in my selections and tend to be drawn to the most expensive pieces Lol.

I just noticed a piece I've been drooling over is now at an event price! Item number J290412. It's the 14K Clad Pave Diamonique Toggle Bracelet. OMG! I just LOVE this from the pics. Does anyone here already own this beauty?? If you were me would you be concerned with losing stones out of this bracelet and/or the toggle coming undone??

I'm considering returning the Ripka Ice Cube Bracelet in the 14K Clad and ordering this Toggle Bracelet instead. I already own the Ice Cube in the original Sterling version and love it and would never part with it. Just recently got the 14K Clad Ice Cube and at first thought I loved it but found I'm not really grabbing for it when getting ready. Not quite sure why. Looks kinda fake as oppose to its original where in my opinion could pass off for the real thing. Perhaps I just adore the original Ice Cube more. Anyone else feel this way about the Ice Cubes in both colors?

Just trying to decide what to do as both of these bracelets are quite costly and not really looking to keep both but do have my concerns about the durability of the Toggle Bracelet (BUT having heart palpitations just visiting it on-line every 10 minutes LOL).

I know you ladies who are tried and true Ripka fans can offer the best advice I'm looking for. TY TY TY….. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Which bracelet do you prefer?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RIPKANISTAS, Which Do You Prefer?… Need Your HELP!!

I don't have that toggle bracelet, but I do have the ice cube bracelet and there would be no way on earth that I would give up the ice cube bracelet for that toggle bracelet. Not even on a bet!! That's my humble opinion. The toggle bracelet didn't get such hot reviews either.
Frequent Contributor

I happen to agree with Blingie or BlingQueen as above. I personally would not give up an ice cube bracelet for the toggle bracelet. I do not own the ice cube bracelet in gold clad, but I do have it in silver and love mine. If I did have the gold clad one, I would not give it up. Please let us know what you decide. Good luck with your decision.
Esteemed Contributor

Why not get the toggle bracelet home so you can wear it and then compare them? Sometimes doing that makes it easier to decide, versus looking at one in person and the other online.

Something's drawing you to the toggle bracelet and making you consider returning the ice cube one. Go with your gut and at least inspect it at home before you make a final decision. It doesn't matter what others like; you're the one wearing it and should enjoy doing so!

Honored Contributor

May I ask which bracelet you gals call the 'ice cube' bracelet? Is this perhaps JR large gem cut diamonique tennis bracelet?

I'm getting for sure the 6 3/4"" multigem number J296278. Killer!!!

Contributor

I almost purchased it in silver, but at the time, posters on these threads much more in the know than I, were pointing out that the individual links were not closed and the price was quite high. That started to bother me and I handily found another piece to buy. I later checked out other reviews on these threads and many felt they were too light and tinny for the price.
Super Contributor

Hi Trailblazer!

I would do what Sammycat suggested....bring it home and try it out. I don't own this toggle bracelet, but it is gorgeous and I think it is worth the try. Regarding the stones...it depends on how hard you are on your jewelry.....if you aren't running around after three young boys all the time, I guess you should be okay! lol!

I own the silver ice cube and LOVE IT! I always thought that stacking two silver ice cubes together would be gorgeous!

Good luck with your decision!

Occasional Contributor

Hi Trailblazer, I own the piece that you are asking about, both the necklace and the bracelet. It is my favorite piece! I've had it for several months and have had no issues at all with stones or toggle. I think it is gorgeous! I had always hoped they would clearance these so I could purchase more, and so far the event price is the lowest price I've seen. I do not own the icecube and that is on my list of items to order, so where they are both on ezp, maybe order both to compare. However you were specifically asking about this piece and I can tell you that if your only concern is the stones and the toggle, you don't need to be concerned as far as my experience. Good luck in your decision.

Respected Contributor

I do like the Toggle Bracelet and Necklace, but they are too rich for my blood right now---even on a reduced price. However, I adore the Ice Cube Bracelets and have both of them and would never part with them---have you iired wearing the Silver and the Clad stacked together---now that's a look! I'm an old time Ripka collector---since the first show---and the Ice Cube bracelet is my favorite bracelet EVER in the Ripka Q line!

I do think you need to see and wear the Toggle before you make a decision to send the Clad Ice Cube back---no regrets.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Regular Contributor

Hi TrailBlazer, I have both bracelets but I am not sure I will be much help. They are each unique and I love both. (I also have the ice cube bracelet in silver as well, that's how much I love it). So far the toggle is ok, but I do know that toggles are not as secure as clasps. As for the pave stones, yes at any time one could come out but that is true of all stones. I have had much larger stones pop out so you never know. The 2 bracelets are so different looking but they both are extremely sparkly and blingy which I love!! Maybe the other ladies are right... If you can get them both home and compare, and then decide. Good luck and let us know what you decide. BlingQueen, if you are reading this, sooooo funny. When I typed the word blingy my iPad auto corrected the word to BlingQueen since I have chatted with you before Smiley Happy