Esteemed Contributor

why doesn't the system allow reviews on sold out items?

I've noticed this a few times and was wondering if anyone knew why. Considering that people obviously bought the item, I would think reviews would be in order.

Contributor

Re: why doesn't the system allow reviews on sold out items?

I guess they don't accept reviews because they can't sell any more of the product. New reviews (if they were good reviews) would make more people want the product, but they couldn't order it.

I just had that problem on HSN. I bought a Victoria Wieck Ethiopian opal necklace, thought it was great and went to leave a review two weeks later. The necklace wasn't even on the website any longer. They had limited quantity at the time I ordered, so it must have sold out by the time I got ready to write a review. The matching ring website listing is gone too. The ring was on waitlist and I guess they sold out everything available on waitlist.

Super Contributor

Re: why doesn't the system allow reviews on sold out items?

If you bought the item on QVC, you can still leave a review if item is sold out. Go to your "order status" (link at very top of QVC.com homepage). Once inside, click on name of the item and go down the page to leave a review.