Super Contributor

Yo! - 8/24/14 - British captured D.C. & burned Capitol & White House, 1814.

Good afternoon and happy Sunday to us all.

Absolutely delightful day today, one which you'd like to store away to be brought out in February.

I apologize for being AWOL as of late. It's been a very stressful couple of weeks, with a heavy dose of hectic thrown into the mix. I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to sharing some shows with you later this week.

DTGD seems to mature before my very eyes, using vocabulary that a much older child might have difficulty using properly. She loves reading and is rapidly obtaining letter recognition. When a word is unfamiliar to her she doesn't hesitate to stop everything until she receives a satisfactory definition to the unknown word.

We had taken her out to eat at a restaurant which gave her a very inexpensive toy as a reward for good behavior. It is in her favorite color - pink - and if you have the agility to push a saucer-like shape up a stem very quickly, you are rewarded by having the saucer thingy pop off and fly. Initially her coordination, as you might expect, was very poor and she could barely manage to get it to pop off the stem, let alone fly. She practiced and practiced for days until she has managed to make that puppy fly! This perseverance will come in very handy in the years ahead.

DH came through his colonoscopy with flying colors. He did so well that the doc has taken off all food restrictions. He has a stress test this Thursday and I hope he does as well.

My eye difficulties have cleared up some after a three week regimen of steroid eye drops, among other things. I switched to a different regimen, as prescribed by my doc, and my eyes have begun to revert back a little bit. If it keeps increasing I'll have to get in touch with the doc.

DH#1 has not been doing very well.

I hope to be able to chat with many of you during the upcoming shows.

Make it a great week!

Honored Contributor

Re: Yo! - 8/24/14 - British captured D.C. & burned Capitol & White House, 1814.

With all due respect, your post is completely baffling .... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

What have your comments got to do with jewelry? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

Good to see you post, Kaplan. Love how you work a historic "event" into the thread title. Very informative. It is always a pleasure to read your threads/posts.

Life is very hectic. The weather was absolutely gorgeous here as well. Please take care of yourself.

Best,

JavaQueen

Contributor

sharon what a cute story about your grand daughter..how precious....glad you and your dh are doing better-and good wishes for ds#1---looking forward to seeing judith's new stuff!!

be well

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kaplan!! Your Granddaughter sounds so cute. What a doll she is. Glad your spouse had a good test result, and I wish him much good luck for Thursday. Wishing your son much improved health in the coming weeks too. Hope to chat with you during the show on Thursday. I took Thursday off to have a long Labor Day weekend, it just turned out that Judith will be on that day. I lucked out. Hopefully, she'll show that new peridot ring I'm after. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Frequent Contributor

Like I said the last time you asked this question Tinkrbl44, absolutely nothing! Just one friend talking to another. Got it?

Super Contributor

XOXO Enjoy your holiday weekend, Kappy! Keeping the bench warm for you.

Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 Dead Eye said:

Like I said the last time you asked this question Tinkrbl44, absolutely nothing! Just one friend talking to another. Got it?

Never saw any posts you addressed to me, but this was a fair question ....... got it? {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

You know, sometimes it really does pay to get the lay of the land before commenting...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Hi Kaplan. I'm very glad that your DH got a good report on his scope. I hope that his stress test does as well. I hope that your allergies & your eyes will get much better. Not fun at all.

I love reading the latest on your DGD. She's very special to you & she's a lucky girl to have you in her life.

I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone later this week.

Take care