Honored Contributor

Honestly, how CAN you shake your special paws?

Just wanted to give a heads up to you ladies with a quirky sense of humor- the boards have been subject to some spammers who appear to initiate advertising in foreign languages ( one from today's batch may be Dutch, not sure) but the spammers use software to translate their junk into English, and the results are sometimes hysterical. The thought provoking question in my header line was.one of today's gems. Webbie does a nice job of cleaning them out, so if you love such nonsense, as I do, you have to read them early.
Honored Contributor

Re: Honestly, how CAN you shake your special paws?

Good morning, violann!

You always have such a wonderful outlook.Smile

I guess I don't view them with as much levity, because I've done a bit of checking and many of the links go to dangerous websites known for phishing, identity theft, and dangerous malware.

Unsuspecting readers might fall into the traps, some probably have done so, and I'm sure that's why the scamming spammers keep showing up.

Sure wish QVC would exhibit more concern about the welfare of those who read and post here.

{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hi dooBdoo!- I SO would love to have a higher level of cyber literacy! I make the possibly erroneous assumption that none of us would open these links, and you are spot on- some probably do. Don't you think that they're usually cleaned up pretty quickly after they appear? Of course I only see them early in the morning, so they may have been here through the night, and therefore could impact more on those of us who are not sleeping well. The world of communication gets more and more complex.....
Honored Contributor

On 8/21/2014 violann said: Hi dooBdoo!- I SO would love to have a higher level of cyber literacy! I make the possibly erroneous assumption that none of us would open these links, and you are spot on- some probably do. Don't you think that they're usually cleaned up pretty quickly after they appear? Of course I only see them early in the morning, so they may have been here through the night, and therefore could impact more on those of us who are not sleeping well. The world of communication gets more and more complex.....

I think you're very cyber literate, violann! Unfortunately, I have no doubt that some people click on the links, if only out of curiosity. I realize we don't have huge numbers of people signed in to post, but the "Guests Online" runs into much higher numbers and these cyber criminals are hoping to catch some of them in their web of tricks. I've seen some of the threads remain all night, maybe 6 or 7 hours -- and there are some still here after several days, even though they've been reported.

I don't think QVC takes it seriously. After all, if you read the standards and the "terms and conditions" we agree to when using this site, basically it says QVC isn't responsible for anything bad that might happen.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova