Super Contributor

Has anyone made a purchase from them? If yes were you satisfied with your item?

They are gemshopping.com and I think they are also on DishTV. TIA.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have purchased three pieces, an antique 2 ct. sapphire ring, a 10 ct. multi-color sapphire and diamond brooch and a Whiteside and Blank enameled brooch.

Do not be afraid to do business with them. They are reputable.

Edited to add: I had another jeweler appraise the ring, and the appraisal came back $1,200 more than I paid.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I loved watching Sue with estate pieces and Sam. It was a long time ago when I had Dish. I returned a color change garnet (can't see color change). Forgot who I bought it from. I bought a strand of 18" natural pink pearls and a pair of tahitian black earrings.

I bought them from Rebecca and Mark Brown. She left when I still had Dish. Mark is now on JTV selling pearls. When they were on, they stressed all natural, no dyes. He doesn't stress that anymore on JTV and I think his quality has dropped. They used to sell pearl strands in the thousands. South sea and Tahitians. My strand cost a few hundred. I hardly wear it. The pearls are big - too big 11-13 rounds. They are a beautiful shade of natural pink. The earrings I wear often. Simple black on a French lever back. I forgot how much I paid. Maybe 2 hundred.

Each vendor sells their own stuff unless it is loose gems which they do look stunning on TV. It is under the umbrella of GSN but the quality probably differs. It takes a very very long time for them to credit you. I think my color change stone took 6 weeks to credit which is what they state upfront.

I wish I still had the channel, prettiest jewelry channel ever. What are you interested in?

Super Contributor

Thanks for the feedback IamMrsG!

Yahooey, I've been watching them on air through their website's live stream. Right now they have pink diamonds, some with GIA certificates. Of course pieces are very expensive but I was so surprised to see that. Just window shopping for now. The jewelry is beautiful {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Honored Contributor

I laugh when viewers claim JTV ShopNBC or even the Q has beautiful jewelry. GSN hands down has the sparkliest stuff around. Their estate jewelry is jaw dropping. Of course, window shopping is always free and fun. I feel when I watched - I go - oooh shiny object and get easily distracted. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Enjoy watching and hopefully enjoy wearing even more!

Contributor

They are a reputable company with lovely things. I have a few pieces and some stones from them. Keep in mind that their return policy is not as liberal as the other shopping networks. They will charge a 20% restocking fee if they size a ring and then you return it. Even after they charge you for the resizing. Just double check with them when you are ordering if you have any questions. They are also a little slower in crediting back the money when you make a return.

I love "freaking" out my husband by showing him some of their pieces that are in the $100,000 to $300,000 range. They are true museum quality pieces.

For people who don't get that channel they do have a watch live link on their web site.

Super Contributor

Thanks Love the Au and Ag. Yep Yahooey this isn't your typical home shopping channel. This week or next week (I forget when) they are going to feature some loose gems that were photographed as specimens for one of the GIA gem books. Can't wait to see those!

Super Contributor

I have purchased several things from them and I have always found them to have great quality and to be very reputable. Yes, many items are expensive. On any returns, I was always credited promptly. They have some exceptional pieces particularly the estate items. Two of my absolute favorites are an estate Italian-made Sleeping Beauty ring in heavy 18k gold (gorgeous!) and estate 18k gold sugilite earrings. You see things there that you don't see anywhere else. I have purchased the most from Jewelry Extravaganza with Mike (I like him) and from the "general" GSN shows. Many times you can negotiate on the price. When Treasures with Sue was on, she did not negotiate - the price was the price. Sam (Estate Jewelry with Sam) has lots of unique items but also doesn't negotiate and I find him to be a little nasty at times. Overall, I enjoy watching this shopping network but I've actually had to stop watching because I am too tempted with all the goodies!

Respected Contributor
On 8/21/2014 ------ said:

Thanks Love the Au and Ag. Yep Yahooey this isn't your typical home shopping channel. This week or next week (I forget when) they are going to feature some loose gems that were photographed as specimens for one of the GIA gem books. Can't wait to see those!

Other shopping channels are to jewelry as “home crafter” is to “artist.” Gem Shopping Network sells unadulterated fine jewelry, nothing lab created, nothing glass filled, no glue, etc.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

Glad someone asked this question, because I've wondered about them too. Boy, do they have luscious stuff (drool!) Most of their pieces are a bit too flashy for me, but I've seen some tempting stuff. Yes, they're expenssive, but it seems that the jewelry is well worth the price. One of these days they will show something that I just gotta have and could actually wear to something other than a grand gala ball.