Contributor

I ordered the recent TSV bracelet from the gold day, which I think is beautiful, although very lightweight. I'm having to send it back because the catch is on backwards. The thingie that you depress (sorry for the lack of correct terminology) to hook the clasp into the ring is on the opposite side of the bracelet, and I just couldn't get if fastened. The bracelet is not big enough to put it on inside out and then turn it over. Has anyone else had this problem? What I'm wondering is if they're all like that or I just got a blooper. The bracelet has sold out, so there's nowhere to go to look at reviews.

Super Contributor

To find the reviews if there are any, click on the item from your order status page and it'll pull up the original listing.

Frequent Contributor

Jana if you want to replace it I would wait a day or two then send it back. I received mine today. It is beautiful and the clasp is fine. It is the weight that is bothering me. I guess I can't translate gram weight in my head! It is so light I just don't think I want to pay $600.00 for it. I am sure there will be returns Sonnie

Valued Contributor
On 8/20/2014 kathoderay said:

To find the reviews if there are any, click on the item from your order status page and it'll pull up the original listing.

I did that for a few of my purchases from the gold rush show and some of them are COMPLETELY GONE! The link to the products takes me to a "sold out" page. Lame. And weird.....this is done for advanced order items and some people will receive the items sooner but won't be able to post reviews for those of us who are on the fence.....
Super Contributor
On 8/20/2014 tough_kitty said:

I did that for a few of my purchases from the gold rush show and some of them are COMPLETELY GONE! The link to the products takes me to a "sold out" page. Lame. And weird.....this is done for advanced order items and some people will receive the items sooner but won't be able to post reviews for those of us who are on the fence.....

Oh, I didn't think of that. You're right, it is lame!

Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion, Hueneme Girl, but the light weight of the bracelet was an issue for me, too, and I'm not going to request a replacement. Interestingly, I bought the necklace, too, and that's sooo pretty that I am very tempted to keep it, regardless of the light weight. I have other bracelets of a good weight, but I don't have anything else like this necklace. And, for some inane reason, the light weight of the necklace gives me permission to wear it with jeans and nice T-shirt.

Valued Contributor
I am not a gold fan,but over 30 years ago a jeweler told me a bracelet should be 20 grams or more. I find a bracelet that is less than are flimsy.
Frequent Contributor

I have received my bracelet, and actually was not surprised it was on the light side. One gold bracelet I bought several weeks ago was pathetic. It was basically light as a feather, much lighter in weight than the TSV. Years ago I would order gold bracelets and they were a lot more substantial than these lately. But, they were stolen along with a six carat pave bracelet that was about 1/4 inch wide. The diamond bracelet given to me by my husband and it was beautiful. But, this idiot, my daughter's former boyfriend stole it, but I cannot prove it. We hired him to do some interior painting and he helped himself to my jewelry. There is another diamond ring that is almost three and half carats, again a gift from my husband, stolen as well. Now, I cannot even begin to buy that quality of jewelry again. I am on the fence about the bracelet.

New Contributor

I received my TSV gold bracelet and I'm on the fence. I think the weaving of the gold wires is pretty. It's very lightweight on the wrist. I'm just wondering how durable it will be. What most concerns me is the durability of the spring-ring clasp. The way the small catch loop sits right over the spring bar part makes me worry that the spring might open a tiny bit and the bracelet would drop right off the wrist. There is no safety catch. I actually opened and closed the spring ring several times to see how sturdy it is, and after 3 or 4 openings, the little sliding piece no longer automatically re-inserts into the tube, but sometimes lands a bit ajar. Worrisome! For $600, I wish it had a better clasp.

New Contributor
On 8/20/2014 tough_kitty said:

I was also trying to find any reviews for my TSV bracelet, and also for those gold chains with the tiny turquoise nuggets they sold throughout the gold event. (I got 3 of those and was surprised how very thread-like they are). Any way I look, I can't find these items---it just says "sold out."