Honored Contributor

I'm glad I didn't stay up for RLM

Checking this morning I find all that new stuff is bronze. Even white bronze. What a let down.

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm glad I didn't stay up for RLM

Yes it was. Sad to see another designer go to the bronze side.

Respected Contributor

I noticed that too. I am so glad I have a handful of great pieces of his in beautiful Silver.

Respected Contributor

I thought he has always used bronze and brass in his line.

Honored Contributor

Jewelry designers are caught between a rock and hard place. Gold and silver prices are now so high that if they use those metals, the prices are out of each for many shopping channel customers. Some have gone the gold over silver or gold over bronze route; while others are using these new bronze alloys. I caught some of the RLM show last night, I do love the big bold styles and I own several RLM silver pieces from years ago. I'm in the market for a big, bold silver bangle type braclet. I actually found one at a jewelry store in town, heavy sterling, the price was $1090. Too rich for my blood. I'm not buying investment jewelry, so this new white bronze material would most likely work for me. I have a couple of pieces of the yellow Bronzo and I'm very happy with the way that looks. Looks just like 14k yellow gold. Complain about the bronze all you want. If RLM came back with sterling pieces that were over $1000, you'd complain about the high prices. Rock....meet hard place.

Super Contributor

I recorded it and watched a bit this morning. I loved what I saw, and am intrigued by the colored bronze. Honestly, if I were younger I'd buy this stuff. Right now I don't need any more jewelry (until the right piece comes along I guess) and I am sorry to have to get rid of all my real silver pieces just to get the value out of them. And I own a LOT of silver.

I may be in the minority but I think that RLM's new line is a perfect blend of quality design and price. I could buy the big statement pieces I want and not feel like I'm being too indulgent and/or careless with my resources. - Bird

Trusted Contributor

I was disappointed too. I am not interested in buying bronze jewelry. The prices seem high for the material being used. I know you are paying for the designer, but too much is too much for me. JMHO
Honored Contributor

i think i may try a piece. i do have a lot of his silver items AND his items that have brass and copper. love the look of his jewelry and am so glad that they are clean and modern looking pieces that dont have any diamonique thrown on. i spent over $100 on linea costume jewelry from qvc and this isnt that much more than those items. if the look, uniqueness, and quality are there then i dont mind spending the money.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

as others have said, he and other designers haven't had a choice because of the price of silver.

Over the past couple years we have seen his items get smaller and smaller so he could meet a price point and he just was not happy, you could see it on his face during the presentations. Make no mistake, QVC controls that price point and they tell him pretty much what can be charged.

I buy for the design and to have the bolder pieces back along with a happy Mr Morris (you could see his joy!!) is good enough for me. You will love the bronze, I have pieces from other designers.

Respected Contributor

He had been incorporating brass & bronze into his silver pieces before. I don't know about his gold jewelry since I could never afford that anyway. I kind of liked the look of the mixed metals with the silver & have a few pieces. I watched a little last night, & really liked several of the designs, but I've decided not to spend any more money on jewelry. I already have too much & don't wear everything I have as it is, so not going to add to it. I'll just save the $$ for my retirement.